Help OFCC at Summit County Gun Show Oct. 25 & 26

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Help OFCC at Summit County Gun Show Oct. 25 & 26

Post by JustaShooter »

I know it is short notice, but OFCC will be manning a table at the Summit County gun show (Ohio Gun, Knife and Military Show) this weekend, October 25 & 26.

The show is held at the Summit County Fairgrounds, 229 E Howe Rd, Tallmadge, OH 44278 from 9:00am to 5:00pm Saturday, and 9:00 to 4:00pm Sunday.

We could use a couple of people each day to help out! It would be nice to have at least one or two other people at the table at all times to help spread the word about OFCC, hand out info, and take donations. That would give us plenty of help to rotate out for restroom & food breaks, as well as time to check out the vendors.

Admission to the show is free with the exhibitor badges that we get from the show management. That means that if you volunteer for a morning you can get in before the crowd and check out the vendor tables before the doors open at 9am!

This is a great opportunity to meet & talk to like minded people, meet some of your fellow OFCC members, and help out an organization that has done a lot to improve our gun rights in Ohio.

If you would like to volunteer, post in this thread, or send me a pm to let us know you can help. Chris and I are sharing the lead for this show, I'll be taking Saturday and he will be taking Sunday.

See you there!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Help OFCC at Summit County Gun Show Oct. 25 & 26

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Geez..we just had one there a month ago...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Geez..we just had one there a month ago...
So your saying your in, since you've has a month to recover? :wink:
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Guys, we realize this is short notice, but we really do need a few folks to step up and help with this one if possible. As it stands now, we are at two on Saturday, and one on Sunday, and I know Chris could really use the help in the afternoon on Sunday, if not all day. I know that the help is really appreciated when it comes time to tear down the table display, and move it out to a vehicle. Any help you can give would be great!

I would normally be there, but I have already made another commitment, and will not be able to attend this one.

Thanks!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Not sure yet..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

There's a chance that I may be able to show up for the last couple of hours on Sunday. It all depends on what time my guests leave, and I'm able to get packed up, and leave the campground. I know it won't be much help, but at least I may be able to help get everything put away, and carried out to the vehicle.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Thanks Don - if that works out I'm sure Chris would appreciate it. He said his son and another friend might be able to help, but it didn't sound definite.
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

And on that note, come on y'all! Tomorrow is the show and we could still use some volunteers to help out!

Don't forget - in addition to helping one of the most influential Second Amendment Advocacy groups in Ohio spread the word, you get to get in the show for free! It is always a good time, good people, good conversations - and especially at the Akron show, never a dull moment - and never fear, the more experienced members of the team will help protect you from the Tesla Buttons.

Contact me here in the thread or by PM if you can help out, and I'll see you at the show!
NRA Life Member

djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

A huge thanks goes out to JustaShooter, and Chris for your efforts! I managed to make it out for about an hour, or so, on Sun, just long enough to help Chris pack it in. The show looked pretty dead, but that doesn't make it any easier when you are setting there by yourself! Hopefully we can get more individuals involved in future shows, and I would love to see some of our newer members stepping up, and seeing what it's all about.

Anyhow, thanks guys, your efforts are truly appreciated!!!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member