The Camp Perry National Match Primer

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

The Camp Perry National Match Primer

Post by JU-87 »

I found this today on Youtube.
I think this is a nice "primer" for people who would like to attend the National Matches, but don't know what to expect.

This was filmed in July, 2014 during "Squadded Practice". Firing at 300 & 600 yds.

Incidentally, I'm in this guy's video at 7:14 ! I'm the guy with the Remington/Bushmaster t-shirt and 6 color desert pants.

What are the odds...

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WSQVwqNYTw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: The Camp Perry National Match Primer

Post by Aesinsp »

This may sounds silly.. but you rode a bicycle there?
Neat video - never been.. yet.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: The Camp Perry National Match Primer

Post by JU-87 »

No, I drove a Chevy Malibu. :)

What you see is my $30 garage sale bought range cart. There are some really nice,purpose-built range carts that cost around $400.
I made this one out of a "Baby Jogger" stroller. The money I saved will buy a lot of ammunition componants. :wink:

I recommend "Small Arms Firing School" to start at the National Matches. You will not regret going.

Best regards.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.