Help OFCC at Columbus Gun Show Sept 6-7

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Help OFCC at Columbus Gun Show Sept 6-7

Post by Stryker74 »

Once again OFCC will be manning a table at the Westland Mall gun show - the next one is on the weekend of September 6th and 7th.

The address is 4273 Westland Mall Columbus, OH 43228, and the times are from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Saturday, and 9:00 to 4:00pm Sunday.
Any and all activists who want to partake in the fun are invited to join us.

This is a great opportunity to meet & talk to like minded people, meet some of your fellow OFCC members, and help out an organization that has done a lot to improve our gun rights in Ohio.

Also - admission to the show is free with the exhibitor badges that we get from the show management. That means that if you volunteer for a morning - you can get in before the crowd and check out the vendor tables before the doors open at 9am! This is the start the main gun show season after the long summer break!

If you would like to volunteer, post in this thread, or send me a pm to let us know you can help. We will take any time you can give us!

See you there!!
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Help OFCC at Columbus Gun Show Sept 6-7

Post by Stryker74 »

One week away! First (big) show in the Columbus area this season!

I called the promotor to confirm our spot last week, and they told me that they had nearly all of their tables sold.

I am looking forward to the show - I am expecting a lot of traffic!

Come on out and give us a hand!
Aaron

NRA Range Safety Officer

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I'll be there,

Come on down and help us out!
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

You Columbus guys usually get a decent amount of help.....I hope this show holds true!

Good luck, I'll be at the Akron show in late Sept. ;)
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

I'll be tied up out of town.. :?
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Aesinsp wrote:I'll be tied up out of town.. :?
Sorry to hear that - always good to see you!
Aaron

NRA Range Safety Officer

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

How did it go?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Brian D. wrote:How did it go?
It was an OK show. When heading in to set up on Friday evening, I was pretty down about the prospects of this show to be honest. When I called the promoter to confirm a couple of weeks prior, they made it sound like they had sold out this show.

However, when I went on Friday evening, there were only about 2/3 of the normal amount of tables set up. Spoke with Larry from GunEnvy while setting up (it was good to see him there!) - and we were both a little surprised at the fewer number of tables.

The weekend was not too bad though. Certainly fewer vendors - but there was a still a line to get in the door Saturday morning. There were some decent crowds on Saturday - but people didn't wander too much and stay in one spot too long (except in front of the big fans). It was like an oven in that building Saturday!

I had to leave poor Chuck by himself on Saturday afternoon - I got an emergency call from work that I had to take (backup on-call for the weekend, and the primary was in trouble). I left him about 1pm, and he told me he was hopping that afternoon to keep up - so we got some decent traffic.

Before I left on Saturday, we had a pleasant surprise from our friend Plain and Practical. She stopped in to say hello, and volunteered to come back on Sunday to be at the table a few hours with us!

Sunday morning was a slower start - as they usually are - but much, much cooler in the building. We had to move our table back down a couple of tables - someone who had not shown up on Saturday came in on Sunday morning. So, we lost a little bit of prime real estate on a corner - but worked with it. We still got some decent traffic through mid-day.

We spoke with a lot of people - some came up from the Cincy area, as well as Wilmington. Lots of good questions, and lots of interest in the gun bills that are sitting in the legislature currently.

We had the pleasure of Plain and Practical's company at the table for most of Sunday as well. She was certainly a rose between a couple of crusty old thorns!

All-in-all, it was a decent weekend. We got some new members added to the ranks, we had some fantastic conversations (the kind that really get people engaged), and we met some new folks that are like minded. Those are always positives in my book!
Aaron

NRA Range Safety Officer