Winter IDPA

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Silvertiger27

Winter IDPA

Post by Silvertiger27 »

I've just gotten into IDPA and attended my first match at Ashland Lake Gun Club last month. Loved it and looking forward to more. However, I notice that every club I've come across operates IDPA matches from about March until November.

Does anyone know of any location that hosts indoor IDPA matches during the winter months, particularly in the Columbus and central Ohio area?
Klingon00

Re: Winter IDPA

Post by Klingon00 »

I too would be interested in such a thing if it exists.
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Silvertiger27 wrote:I've just gotten into IDPA and attended my first match at Ashland Lake Gun Club last month. Loved it and looking forward to more. However, I notice that every club I've come across operates IDPA matches from about March until November.

Does anyone know of any location that hosts indoor IDPA matches during the winter months, particularly in the Columbus and central Ohio area?
Currently there aren't any true IDPA matches during the winter months that I know of here in Ohio. Salem Hunting Club (http://www.salemhuntingclub.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) holds a concealed carry shoot which is likely to be similar year round. North Olmsted Sportsmen's Club does IDPA sessions year round but not matches and Stonewall has their BASS match but both of those are likely too far north for you.

May see you this weekend at Ashland Lake when they have another match. May be giving a .40S&W barrel in a 10mm Kimber Eclipse a workout and see how it does.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
BobK

Post by BobK »

There are multiple indoor matches at different ranges every week in Houston. I can shoot Monday nights after work at one range 10 minutes east of me, and one Thursday nights after work 10 minutes south of me. However, my favorite matches are outdoor matches when it is 65 degrees in January. I won't do outdoor matches in July/August -- too hot.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Rockcat

Post by Rockcat »

Lawrence County Pa continues their outdoor IDPA matches throughout the winter. In the Columbus area, you may want to consider the GSSF Indoor Matches (Glock Sports Shooting Foundation), if you shoot a Glock...
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

BobK wrote:There are multiple indoor matches at different ranges every week in Houston. I can shoot Monday nights after work at one range 10 minutes east of me, and one Thursday nights after work 10 minutes south of me. However, my favorite matches are outdoor matches when it is 65 degrees in January. I won't do outdoor matches in July/August -- too hot.
Now you are just making me jealous. :mrgreen:
Rockcat wrote:Lawrence County Pa continues their outdoor IDPA matches throughout the winter. In the Columbus area, you may want to consider the GSSF Indoor Matches (Glock Sports Shooting Foundation), if you shoot a Glock...
I do have a Glock. Who hosts GSSF in Columbus?
DTO

Post by DTO »

Clinton County Farmers and Sportsmen's Association runs their matches year round as long as the weather isn't ridiculous.
Rockcat

Post by Rockcat »

http://gssfonline.com/indoor-league.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AimHi (aka New Albany Shooting Range). In past year's, Blackwing has also hosted the indoor league, however, I did not see them listed on the current schedule
Silvertiger27

Post by Silvertiger27 »

Belated thanks for the info. AimHi is near me, might just have to buy a Glock just for some winter shooting to get my fix, hehe.