Are you a member of West Branch Rifle & Pistol Club? (Medina

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Are you a member of West Branch Rifle & Pistol Club? (Medina

Post by JU-87 »

If you are:
West Branch Rifle & Pistol Club (Medina,OH.) is looking for land to purchase to relocate our range.
If you know of any land that may be suitible, please email the club at:

http://www.wbrpc.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks!
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
smokewagon

Re: Are you a member of West Branch Rifle & Pistol Club? (Me

Post by smokewagon »

Bump to the top. Thier still looking. Club sounds like its done after next year after 50 or more years.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

smokewagon wrote:Bump to the top. Thier still looking. Club sounds like its done after next year after 50 or more years.
Its too bad only a member for 2 years, I did not renew membership this time. Looking for a new club that will be around for a bit. Rumor is they are looking at land in the Lodi area.
Black Rifles Matter
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

West Branch put a bid in on some land near Lodi, and it was accepted. Sale is contingent on being able to build rifle, pistol, and shotgun ranges on premises.
There will likely be a special meeting in October to vote on this.
I saw a photo of the land and proposed layout. I am a "Yes" vote.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Well it may work out for people who live down in the Medina area. I for one don't see myself driving an hour one way to shoot and feel it was worth the price of membership. Its to bad the club had a nice location where it was.
Black Rifles Matter
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

"reliable rumor"
I was told by a fellow WBRPC member that the current land owner (of the land the range is on), is getting DIVORCED. His wife was the one who wanted the club gone.
Now that she will be gone, will he "change his mind", and sell the land to WBRPC?

Time will tell...
Last edited by JU-87 on Thu May 24, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Same member told me the proposed land in Lodi did not go through , due to NOT being able to build a gun range. :(

Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

Would love to join, but tough club to get into. Perhaps that’s a sign of how good it is.
No new membership applications are being issued until further notice. This includes applications for 2019.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Glock Rock wrote:Would love to join, but tough club to get into. Perhaps that’s a sign of how good it is.
No new membership applications are being issued until further notice. This includes applications for 2019.
Because if they don't find something they would have to give your money back. If they manage to stay at the same location memberships would be offered again.
Black Rifles Matter
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

Thanks Steve
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Any update's :?:
Black Rifles Matter
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Current lease expires in December, 2019. I have no further info. :(

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Hi all
I have not received my 2019 renewal for WBRPC as of today,12/14/2018, so I called club President Carl C. ( his # is on the back of your membership card). I asked if they had been sent out yet, and Carl said : "No, they will go in the mail next week, but dues will only be for 6 months, half the yearly rate." :shock:

I asked "Why only 6 months?"

Carl C.: "Negotiations with the Landowner about renewal have been suspended. Equipment will have to be put in storage, or moved if we can buy suitable land."

I asked: "Are there any possibilities or offers pending now on land?"

Carl C. : "No."

Carl said info will be presented at the February, 2019 annual meeting.

It appears to me that the lease will absolutely NOT be renewed, and that the club will close on or about July 1st, 2019.

Sad.

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

JU-87 wrote:Hi all
I have not received my 2019 renewal for WBRPC as of today,12/14/2018, so I called club President Carl C. ( his # is on the back of your membership card). I asked if they had been sent out yet, and Carl said : "No, they will go in the mail next week, but dues will only be for 6 months, half the yearly rate." :shock:

I asked "Why only 6 months?"

Carl C.: "Negotiations with the Landowner about renewal have been suspended. Equipment will have to be put in storage, or moved if we can buy suitable land."

I asked: "Are there any possibilities or offers pending now on land?"

Carl C. : "No."

Carl said info will be presented at the February, 2019 annual meeting.

It appears to me that the lease will absolutely NOT be renewed, and that the club will close on or about July 1st, 2019.

Sad.
Are you looking at other club's in the area after west branch close's. :?:
Black Rifles Matter
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Yes, I will definitely look for another club to join.

The first question I will ask is: "Does the club OWN the land that the range is on?" If the answer is "no", my next words will be "Then I'm not interested. Good bye."

I want to spend my "Second Amendment money" wisely. It's obvious to me that if a club does not OWN land, they are really not serious about there future, or the future of the shooting sports, or mainly about furthering the Second Amendment.

I will post choices I find on this thread.