Help OFCC at Medina Gun Show June 21/22 2014

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Help OFCC at Medina Gun Show June 21/22 2014

Post by Chuck »

Thank you Chris, and welcome!!
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

So Day 1 is in the can as it were. Things started off with a bit of rain to make the warm morning nice and muggy - but if that's your thing you'd have been disappointed since they kicked the AC on as the show started, cooling it off and pulling the humidity out of the air nicely.

The weather likely accounted for the better than expected attendance in the morning. It took a while for the show floor to fill up, but it wasn't "packed so you couldn't make it through the aisles" busy like it can get in the winter. Still, we saw a steady flow of traffic at the table after the first 45 minutes or so and had a lot of good conversations and were able to educate a number of folks. I talked to several people who were interested in getting their CHL and had questions, and many more who had theirs and wanted to know about other aspects.

Thanks to chris448535 I was able to get out and look around the show floor, and as usual there weren't many deals to be found. If you knew what you wanted, and knew what prices were like from your LGS or online, you might have been able to talk your way into some deals. I managed to pick up some parts for my Ruger 10/22s at a slightly better price than I could elsewhere by doing that, for example.

After chris448535 left at 2:00 things died off quickly and by 4:00 it was mostly exhibitors left with just a handful of attendees. I heard the weather got nicer, which probably didn't help.

All in all, it was a good show. We talked to a lot of people, met some members, took some membership applications and collected some donations. The one thing missing I suppose was that there were no Tesla Button incidents. :mrgreen: That can be both good and bad, I suppose - it can sure be entertaining from the outside looking in, but if you happen to be the one dealing with them it is a different story... :shock:
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

A huge thanks to Justashooter, and chris448535, for being there on Saturday!

The show are generally pretty slow in the summertime, but hopefully we can see some more smiling faces behind the table as the shows start to pick back up in the fall. If you would like to see what the show schedule is, just click the link in my signature line. There is a full list there for you plan by. :wink:
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852