Eleventh Annual Party In The Park

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Eleventh Annual Party In The Park

Post by carmen fovozzo »

It figures.....Chuck working the FOOD table....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
xxxamishxxx

Post by xxxamishxxx »

So if I show up and pay there I am good to go for raffle?
Accurate Concepts Training, LLC
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Punishers Law Enforcement Motorcycle Club
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

xxxamishxxx wrote:So if I show up and pay there I am good to go for raffle?
You should have been. Did you?
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

PITP 2014 was a really nice event. This was my first and I really enjoyed it.

Thanks to the whole crew for your hard work.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

A personal thank you to all of those that came. Very nice seeing everyone.

And Aaron, you're being demoted for winning the gun. :twisted:

And the first gun winner, I think that was the best I've seen in my 3 years of Party in the Park for a winner.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

A great day, beautiful weather and good company. Chuck scored 8 kilos of clip wheel weight lead, nobody else wanted it!
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
gregoire
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by gregoire »

Great event today! Props to all who made it so! :D
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

A good time was had by all!!
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

That was an awesome day! If you couldn't come out, you really missed a good time. There were members from all over the state, and from every age group - from what looked like barely old enough to have a CHL and on up - I won't even try to guess at the oldest person there - as well as a gaggle of children. I saw close to the same number of women as men, and a wide range of ethnic groups represented as well. So no, we aren't just a bunch of middle-aged white men! It was great to see such a diverse group come out to enjoy themselves and support the 2A and Ohio gun rights.

Getting to hear the Lt. Gov. speak as well as a number of other voices from Ohio government as well as Ohio gun rights advocates was fantastic! The fact that OFCC can draw such folks to come speak to a gathering of a hundred-odd gun nuts (and of you know any of us, you know we are odd and nuts!) means that OFCC has their attention - and not just OFCC but the members and CHL holders at large. It was great to see that Brett from Ohio Carry was awarded the the Tony Gordon award this year - I can't think of a more deserving recipient although there were many who came close. I also liked hearing him speak and give some of the history and accomplishments of Ohio Carry - well done, Brett, and everyone with Ohio Carry!

Having not been to one before I didn't know what to expect from the door prizes, but I have to say I was impressed at the tables full of stuff that had been donated. Boxes of ammo, gift certificates, gear, hats, t-shirts, and more. In fact there were so many door prizes that even after everyone's ticket had been called there were still some things on the table - heck, with just a few tickets left there was still a certificate for a free Appleseed event laying on the table! I figure most people walked away with more than their ticket cost in door prize value, and those that didn't came close. I had my eye on a pocket voice recorder, or maybe a brick of .22 ammo, but that stuff was gone before my ticket was called so I took one of the Appleseed certificates - I *will* get out to an Appleseed this year by golly!

And of course there was the drawing for one of 3 guns or a $300 gift card to Fin Feather & Fur. All of the door prize tickets went back into the hat (actually, ammo box - fitting, no?) for this drawing as well. You all probably saw the engraved 1911 earlier in this thread, and in addition there was a Sig .40 cal (not sure of the model) and a S&W M&P Shield in 9mm, plus the $300 FFF gift card, so 4 members got to head home with something very special indeed. (Of course to keep everything on the up-and-up, a representative from the Powder Room was there with his FFL and a stack of 4473's for the lucky winners to fill out so they could run the NICS check and be sure there were no issues in that regard). I won't spoil it for any of the big winners, except to say that for the first time in my life I actually won something more than a door prize - I was called in the gun drawing and came home with the 9mm S&W M&P Shield. :mrgreen:

I cannot express my gratitude enough for all of the hard work the brass at OFCC put into this, and the efforts of the coordinators and other OFCC volunteers. This kind of event takes more work, planning and logistics to pull together than most people here understand, and they did an awesome job. My hat is off to everyone at OFCC who made this happen. I would list your names / forum handles so everyone would know who was responsible, but I'd surely leave some out and I know you do it for reasons other than personal praise so I'll just give you all kudos - you know who you are!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Thank you JustaShooter. I may steal your post and use it for the followup article. :lol:

As for the big prizes, we could not have done those without help from some businesses.

The custom paint job and engraved 1911 was donated by GunEnvy. That is some of their work so that is a one of a kind gun.
The Sig was donated by Kyle's Gunshop.
The M&P Shield was donated by our very own Aaron Brown
The FF&F Gift Certificate was donated by Charmin Carmen's
And of course, thank you to Powder Room Firearms for doing our transfers.

A big thank you to all of those above. It wouldn't be possible without donations like that to keep everyone coming back year after year. We all know that's why you come. :wink:
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

carmen fovozzo wrote:It figures.....Chuck working the FOOD table....
Hey!!

I worked the sign in table, I'll have you know
(They put me at the opposite end from the food,,,,)
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
sts47

Post by sts47 »

It was great to see everyone again. My wife and I really enjoyed everything about the party in the park.

Now i just have to renew my membership =)
The pen is mightier than the sword ... if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.
The pen might not be mightier than the sword, but maybe the printing press was heavier than the siege weapon. Just a few words can change everything.
Sometimes, the best answer is a more interesting question.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

sts47 wrote:It was great to see everyone again. My wife and I really enjoyed everything about the party in the park.

Now i just have to renew my membership =)
You should have done it at the picnic. We were giving a $5 discount for new or renewed memberships there.

On behalf of the coordinator staff, the directors and all of our volunteers, I want to express appreciation for all of the kind words that all of you have posted here. We try our best to make this a good event and this is definitely a group effort. Attendance has been down for the last couple of years while the door prizes and the quality of the guns has increased. Hopefully, next year, we can get attendance back up. The organization's strength is in the membership, much like the NRA.

For those who missed it, Jeff will be posting videos on line in the next several days.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Chuck wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:It figures.....Chuck working the FOOD table....
Hey!!

I worked the sign in table, I'll have you know
(They put me at the opposite end from the food,,,,)
'Tis truth! I can verify it - but I think it was more to keep people from being put off their feed than anything... :mrgreen:
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Definitely a good time, good food & fellowship. I was good to hear from the speakers and mingle with the like-minded.
Thanks to everyone involved.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe