Eleventh Annual Party In The Park

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Eleventh Annual Party In The Park

Post by schmieg »

OFCC’s premier annual event at Liberty Park in Powell, Ohio, features good food, interesting speakers, door prizes and
good fellowship. Get the latest information on gun legislation in Ohio and nationally. The event will be on August 9, 2014.

Everyone is welcome, but you must buy a ticket in advance if you wish to enjoy the catered picnic lunch and win door prizes. Order tickets at http://ohioccw.org/index.php?option=com ... set=1&id=6.

The cost for lunch is $19.00 per person. Each paying adult can bring two children under the age of sixteen. Please indicate the number of children you will bring so we can plan food accordingly. Also, we have a vegetarian option this year, so make sure you register as a vegetarian if that is your thing. We hope to see all of you there.
Last edited by schmieg on Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Make it stickey
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Brian D.

Re: Eleventh Annual Party In The Park

Post by Brian D. »

Haven't missed one yet. Here's hoping the webstore is cooperative this year.

On another note: Will you be starting a separate thread regarding nominations for the Tony Gordon Memorial Award? Some years it seems easy to pick a single recipient, other times there are several worthy candidates to sort through.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:Haven't missed one yet. Here's hoping the webstore is cooperative this year.

On another note: Will you be starting a separate thread regarding nominations for the Tony Gordon Memorial Award? Some years it seems easy to pick a single recipient, other times there are several worthy candidates to sort through.
I was planning to do that, but nothing is stopping you from making a nomination here or anywhere else. We certainly will take note of it.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

On Monday, I had a conversation with my state representative. I told her about the event; she is a NRA Life Member and seems to be very pro-Second Amendment.

My question: does OFCC reach out to these in the OGA who are our friends, who may live locally, and invite them to the event?
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Tweed Ring wrote:On Monday, I had a conversation with my state representative. I told her about the event; she is a NRA Life Member and seems to be very pro-Second Amendment.

My question: does OFCC reach out to these in the OGA who are our friends, who may live locally, and invite them to the event?
Yes. If she is interested in speaking at the event, please pass her information on.
-- Mike

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

This event is only a month and a half off and people aren't buying tickets yet. C'mon, gang, let's get moving.
-- Mike

Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

schmieg wrote:This event is only a month and a half off and people aren't buying tickets yet. C'mon, gang, let's get moving.
I would love to be there again, but the date is sadly unfortuitous. I will be in the State of Colorado, woefully unarmed. However, our rare opportunity to visit grandchildren takes precedence.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

I will be there.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Werz wrote:
schmieg wrote:This event is only a month and a half off and people aren't buying tickets yet. C'mon, gang, let's get moving.
I would love to be there again, but the date is sadly unfortuitous. I will be in the State of Colorado, woefully unarmed. However, our rare opportunity to visit grandchildren takes precedence.
Well, you can carry in the car or open carry in the non-city areas.
-- Mike

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

techguy85 wrote:I will be there.
Looking forward to seeing you again.
-- Mike

curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

This year's speakers lined up yet ?
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

curmudgeon3 wrote:This year's speakers lined up yet ?
We have two confirmed speakers at this time - Senator Uecker and Mark Noble, a Libertarian candidate for the state House. There's a few "we'll let you know the week before." If anyone knows of anyone that would like to speak or that we might not think of sending a message too, just let us know.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

schmieg wrote:
Werz wrote:
Well, you can carry in the car or open carry in the non-city areas.
Legally, yes. Practically, no.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Hey - this date is approaching fast! Get your tickets today! http://ohioccw.org/index.php?option=com ... set=1&id=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not only do you get to hang out with a bunch of like minded (and pretty cool) people - you will be at the safest location in most of Ohio that day!!!

As an added incentive, I am in negotiations with Chuck's mustache to pose for pictures. I am hoping we can wax the right whiskers to make that deal happen! :lol:

Won't you please join us? It just will not be the same without you!

Oh, and I have it on very good authority that I will be there too - so I would like to meet more of you!
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Boy, how the time flies!

Seems like it was just last week that I posted about the date approaching to the 11th Annual Party in the Park on Saturday, August 9th, 2014 from 11am - 4pm.

I am looking forward to see some familiar faces, and meeting some new people!

We have a Vegetarian option this year too for those folks who were looking for that last year.

As always, there will be good food, good friends, and good times! Come on out and join us!
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;