Help OFCC at Columbus Gun Show June 14-15

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Help OFCC at Columbus Gun Show June 14-15

Post by Stryker74 »

Once again OFCC will be manning a table at the Westland Mall gun show - the next one is on the weekend of June 14th-15th.

The address is 4273 Westland Mall Columbus, OH 43228, and the times are from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Saturday, and 9:00 to 4:00pm Sunday.
Any and all activists who want to partake in the fun are invited to join us.

This is a great opportunity to meet & talk to like minded people, meet some of your fellow OFCC members, and help out an organization that has done a lot to improve our gun rights in Ohio. (Plus, you can help me keep track of Chuck's phone and/or keys!) :shock: :mrgreen:

Also - admission to the show is free with the exhibitor badges that we get from the show management. That means that if you volunteer for a morning - you can get in before the crowd and check out the vendor tables before the doors open at 9am!

If you would like to volunteer, post in this thread, or send me a pm to let us know you can help. We will take any time you can give us!

See you there!!
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Help OFCC at Columbus Gun Show June 14-15

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Having a gun show on FLAG DAY !?! (June 14)

THAT'S AWESOME !!

:mrgreen:
MyWifeSaidYes
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I hope you guys don't mind a piece of advice to pass along to folks wishing to volunteer to work the table at Westland over the summer: The place is an old department store in an old mall, the HVAC system is less-than stellar. The OFCC team leaders will bring fans to be plugged in if needed, but if it's truly hot weather, keep this factor in mind and be ready for it.

Having said that I'll shut my yap and have a look at my calendar for June.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Brian D. wrote:I hope you guys don't mind a piece of advice to pass along to folks wishing to volunteer to work the table at Westland over the summer: The place is an old department store in an old mall, the HVAC system is less-than stellar. The OFCC team leaders will bring fans to be plugged in if needed, but if it's truly hot weather, keep this factor in mind and be ready for it.

Having said that I'll shut my yap and have a look at my calendar for June.
Indeed - we learned last year that the big fans that the show provides do not always move enough air around that show. That said, we can usually get electricity at this show and will use 1 or more fans for our table to help. Also, I will be planning on a larger cooler with bottles of water for the June show to help out with the heat.
Aaron

NRA Range Safety Officer

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Guitar Slinger
*** Banned ***

Post by Guitar Slinger »

Any gun show @ westland mall is a waste of $8 or $9 entrance fee.

I keep hoping it will be better (like a real gun show)...

Same vendors... with the same crap... over and over.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Guitar Slinger wrote:Any gun show @ westland mall is a waste of $8 or $9 entrance fee.

Spoken like a regular attendee! :mrgreen: How have we not gotten you signed up for an OFCC membership yet during all those visits?... Stop by the table next time and say 'Hello!' :wink:
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Guitar Slinger wrote:Any gun show @ westland mall is a waste of $8 or $9 entrance fee.

OFCC volunteers don't pay to get into the show when they work the table. :mrgreen:
Aaron

NRA Range Safety Officer

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

AND you can get in early before the rest of the crowd, in case you want to cherry-pick the tables.
MyWifeSaidYes
Flhrci

Post by Flhrci »

Stryker74 wrote:

OFCC volunteers don't pay to get into the show when they work the table. :mrgreen:
I felt I had to pay in other ways. :mrgreen:

David
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Flhrci wrote:
Stryker74 wrote:OFCC volunteers don't pay to get into the show when they work the table. :mrgreen:
I felt I had to pay in other ways. :mrgreen:

David
If you spent all day with Chuck and/or MWSY, then yes, you did! :mrgreen:
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Guitar Slinger
*** Banned ***

Post by Guitar Slinger »

Stryker74 wrote:OFCC volunteers don't pay to get into the show when they work the table. :mrgreen:
And to think... I am clipping the coupon from the paper for $1.00 off. :)
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:AND you can get in early before the rest of the crowd, in case you want to cherry-pick the tables.
Umm... my buddy that always has a table, does that.

Then tries to "offer" me deals. Bless his heart. :D
stihlboy

Post by stihlboy »

well ya know what i may just make this one
Sig1144

Post by Sig1144 »

Gun show an my anniversary, hmmm...
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Sig1144 wrote:Gun show an my anniversary, hmmm...
Bring the wife and make a day of it! 8)
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

We are less than 2 weeks away from the last gun show table in the Columbus area until after the summer break!

The invite is still (always) open - come out and volunteer some of your time to help promote gun rights in Ohio. Believe it or not - we get a ton of questions and lots of discussions from gun show patrons about their rights. Just because they are coming to the gun show does not mean they don't have questions for us!

Regardless of your level of participation that you feel comfortable with - we invite everyone who wants to spend a little time with us. We have some really bright and knowledgeable people that work these shows - and sometimes we even have special guests that show up! 8)

Whether you have been involved for 10 years or 2 months - everyone has something to contribute! Come on out, get into the gun show for free, and hang out with Chuck! You can check that off your bucket list too! Everyone has "Meet Chuck" on their bucket list... or at least they should! :lol:
Aaron

NRA Range Safety Officer