Action Pistol Match on October 9th in Sandusky Ohio

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Gargoyle357

Action Pistol Match on October 9th in Sandusky Ohio

Post by Gargoyle357 »

Erie County Conservation League is holding an "Action Pistol" match on October 9th. This is their second match and they are trying to see if there is enough interest in the area to expand their program. Shooting IDPA this year it seems there is a big gap between the matches in Ashland and Wauseon , and I would love to see them hold regular matches right in here in Erie County.

I don't have a lot of details, as I am not a member, but it is Sunday October 9th at 2:00. They are supposed to have 5 USPSA style stages. There is a link below to the ECCL web site which does not list the match, but does have the location of the range.

They are just trying this out, so if you attend please be patient with the volunteers.

http://www.eriecountycl.com/
Gary

ECCL shoot

Post by Gary »

I'm glad u found out that information. I'm going to attend their meeting this Thurs nite, I am a member. and i should have more information. I hope to see you at the shoot Sunday. It should be a good time. The last one they had was their first and they had a better than expected turn out. I hope it is even better the 9th.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Heh! When I was a kid, we used to worry about those Godless Communists -- these day it's the Godless Action Shooters!

Don't you guys ever go to church? :D

Whatever happened to good, old fashioned, week night shooting...? :?
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Gargoyle357

Post by Gargoyle357 »

tommcnaughton wrote:Heh! When I was a kid, we used to worry about those Godless Communists -- these day it's the Godless Action Shooters!

Don't you guys ever go to church? :D

Whatever happened to good, old fashioned, week night shooting...? :?
The Lord helps those who defend themselves. :wink:
eddandy

Post by eddandy »

Somebody (customer) in a gunshop said that while they were still new at it, it's only open to members. ECCL has something under a thousand members. However, I too will be at Thursday's meeting so stand by for the real scoop when we report back after the meeting about 10 PM Thursday.
Ed
Proud member of: NRA, GOA, OFCC
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Daniel »

I used to be a member there but quit after they demanded outrageous rates for teaching ccw classes there. Plus, I was tired of the politics.
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
Gargoyle357

Post by Gargoyle357 »

Cable wrote:I used to be a member there but quit after they demanded outrageous rates for teaching ccw classes there.
Don't need to be a member to attend a match. :)

You shooting the B&T League this season?
eddandy

Post by eddandy »

Was at meeting this evening. The chief person running the show had to leave right after the meeting so I missed him. However I did manage to pick up the following information. The person running the show is a Perkins Township LEO and club member. The first shoot which they tried a few weeks ago brought in 21 people. They expected 5-8. It was free but that might change soon.
Required: proper holster for gun size, extra mag or loader, 9mm or better prefered and about 100 rounds (you won't use all).
This Sunday 10/9 at 2PM. West end of Fox Road off Rt250 just south of Kalahare (sic) Indoor Water Park.
Gargoyle357

Post by Gargoyle357 »

Thanks for the update! They may even have a bigger turn out this time, weather permitting. I'll be there with 2 friends myself.

Any mention of cover garments, like in IDPA?
eddandy

Cover Garments

Post by eddandy »

There was no mention of cover garments.