Help OFCC at Columbus Gun Show May 3-4

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Help OFCC at Columbus Gun Show May 3-4

Post by Aesinsp »

I'm still planning on making it there by 1:00 Sunday, if not before.
See you then.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

I wanted to thank the team that helped at the show this weekend. There were a few other shows going on in Ohio, so the Columbus outing was a little sparse - but we still had a great team!

Many thanks to Chuck for giving us his weekend, when he was really itching to be hunting morel mushrooms! :D

Also, a big thanks to Brian D. for driving up to help out on Saturday!

We had an outstanding group to help on Sunday as well:

Flhrci rode his FLHRCI out to the show Sunday morning and spent the day with us!

Klingon00 was calling me before I even got there on Sunday - he was ready to go!

Aesinsp came in Sunday afternoon, and was ever so patient for me to come get him at the door (since I am easily distracted, especially by shiny things - and left him standing out there for like 10-15 minutes...)!

It is your time and efforts that help us to put these shows on! A HUGE thank you for volunteering to spread the word. You make sure that our table is staffed the entire weekend (unlike other organizations who periodically had an empty table). :shock: :mrgreen:
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I enjoyed helping out on Saturday. More forumites should take a turn at this job, because while it's not physically demanding or the like, it does require a donation of our most finite resource: time. If the same people do this too often, they will likely get burned out.

Even if you don't think your knowledge of the laws are A-game material, jump in and join us anyhow, you will learn and teach at the same time. For example, a day or two before the show, someone here locally asked me about whether his Kentucky carry license was still valid even though he'd moved to Ohio several months back. I gave him an answer to the best of my knowledge, and double checked with Chuck and Stryker74 at the show for confirmation, because I'll see this guy again later in the week.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.