OFCC Announces the 2006 Fun 'n Gun!

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

OFCC Announces the 2006 Fun 'n Gun!

Post by Daniel »

Ohioans For Concealed Carry would like to invite our members to join senior OFCC staff at the <b>Second Annual OFCC/TDI Fun 'n Gun!</b>

This fun event will be hosted by the Tactical Defense Institute, Ohio's premier tactical training facility. This event will be a combination of basic tactical training and IDPA type scenario shoots. Geared for both beginning and advanced shooters, it promises to be a day of fun for all.

Join instructors from both TDI and OFCC as we kick off spring with a bang!

100% of the proceeds from this event will go to the OFCC Political Action Commitee to help fight to get representatives elected to the Ohio legislature who will represent YOUR rights!

When:
Sunday, April 2nd
9am-5pm

Where:
Tactical Defense Institute
2174 Bethany Ridge
West Union, OH 45693

Go to the OFCC website to sign up! Space is limited, so don't miss out!
Last edited by Daniel on Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Dag, that's almost in Kaintuck! Gotta be five or six hours by car from the northern edges of the state.

It's a terrific idea. Too bad it couldn't be more centrally located.
(Alas, all good things require we pay somewhat of a price...)
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Linda

Post by Linda »

Tom, It's SO worth the drive. TDI is a Fantastic facility!!! I learned a lot!!! :D Yes, from Toledo you probably are looking at a 5 hr. drive. It's out in the boonies. We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Portsmouth the night before. About $40 and decent enough rooms. About a 20-30 minute drive to TDI from there.
"Women must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself."
Susan B. Anthony~July 1871
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Daniel »

Actually, there are several of us (me included) that are happy it is far away... otherwise we'd be broke from taking too many classes there!

It really is a top notch facility. At last year's Fun 'n Gun, we ended up turning people away we had so much interest! Everyone had a great time and the day was over way too soon.
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
Mnemesyne

Post by Mnemesyne »

only 20-30 min from Portsmouth you say? hrm..we might be able to come after all :-)
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

tommcnaughton wrote:Dag, that's almost in Kaintuck! Gotta be five or six hours by car from the northern edges of the state.

It's a terrific idea. Too bad it couldn't be more centrally located.
(Alas, all good things require we pay somewhat of a price...)
Tom, like others have stated, come down the day before and take your time. Crash in a hotel and check out Sunday morning on your way to TDI.

It is hidden in the middle of nowhere, but thats only because none of his students have won the lottery yet and opened TDI II. Its on my todo list but I keep getting the wrong six numbers ;-)

-Jeff Garvas
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Tom, if I was able to make it all the way to Toledo, just to eat dinner in a so-so Frisch's (no pork tenderloin sandwich on their menu up there--how primitive! :D), you can clear your schedule for the TDI event! I'll even consider letting you be in my squad that day, if'n you ask nice.. :wink:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

Does anyone know if there is an rv park close by to TDI?
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Daniel »

Not that I know of. Last year, John let somebody park on his property, but it didn't really work out. The ground was too soft for something that big.

Actually, area motel rates are probably lower than you'd pay for gas to drive something like that down there!
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor

Rick

Post by Rick »

Shawnee State Park is located on state rt. 125 and is not too far from TDI. I'd say it would only be maybe 30 to 40 minutes or so. The park has electric hookups, not sure about water though. You might want to do a google search for Shawnee State Park or check the DNR website. In southern Ohio it's how much time is consumed driving not how many miles it is. :-)
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

I don't have one of those huge RVs I have a medium size 5th wheel I hunt out of. I'll search around and see what I can find. I just thought with TDI being BFE they or someone close might have a gravel lot for campers that were capable of going with no hookups for several days. If I find something I'll post it. Thanks for the info so far though.
357sigsauer

Fun n Gun

Post by 357sigsauer »

There is a campground on the outskirts of Peebles called Mineral Springs. Peebles is on St. Rte. just on the north side of St. Rte. 32 approx. 20 min. north of West Union. I have been past Mineral Springs but never in it so I can't offer any info their quality or conviences. Also there is a hotel in West Union and little town called Winchester ( 20 min NE of West Union). I am local to the area so if anyone has a question I might be able to help.
SigSauer P226 357sig

I don't need a gun I've got a Donk. -- Crocodile Dundee II
GWC

Post by GWC »

I've been to TDI several times, including last year's Fun-n-Gun. Its about 5 hours from my home in Lake county, but well worth the trip. as others said its best to go down a day early and find something to do. Its all beautiful country down there. And SigSauer357, come to this event. I always get a lot of ribbin' because I'm the only one with .357 Sig. I can use the backup.
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Daniel »

We've begun taking reservations for the Fun 'n Gun. Go to the main OFCC website for details!
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor

glockinfairfield

Post by glockinfairfield »

GWC wrote:I've been to TDI several times, including last year's Fun-n-Gun. Its about 5 hours from my home in Lake county, but well worth the trip. as others said its best to go down a day early and find something to do. Its all beautiful country down there. And SigSauer357, come to this event. I always get a lot of ribbin' because I'm the only one with .357 Sig. I can use the backup.
OK GWC, I shot my Glock 17 all day at F&G last year (then used some leftovers to shoot in someone's MP5), but I'll start stockpiling my Doubletap Match .357 and come down w/ my 229 and Glock 32. I carry those two more now than my G17, so I might as well do the course with 'em!
Glocks and Nikons. Is this a great country or what!?