Pin shooting

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Pin shooting

Post by Petrovich »

Not off topic!! :D :D

We must practice our skills, right?

Does anybody here shoot pins?

I enjoy it very much. I'm not real serious about it, I just shoot with a group of guys and it's fairly informal. I'll never be good enough to compete for real.

I have discovered that clearing a table of bowling pins takes a substantial caliber. 9mm generally won't cut it. I do well with .40 smith. As for revolvers, I like a .44 magnum loaded with .44 special; although I've seen impressive results with .357 magnum.

I can hardly wait to try out my new .400 Cor Bon conversion.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Been pin busting on and off for over 20 years now. (Wow, I'm sounding like an old coot or geezer--that ain't supposed to happen!)

Here in SW Ohio/Northern Ky. we have two indoor ranges with weekly pin shoots, and one outdoor club with a great monthly event. Another outdoor club is just getting into it this summer. Makes us dang near the national hotbed of pin shooting.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Well, color me embarrassed! Just got an e-mail this afternoon, informing me that Thursday night Bowling Pin Matches have been indefintely halted at Targetworld. Apparently some problem with airborne lead when downrange on the firing line, and much-needed (imo) improvements to the range have been put on hold, while TW and remodeling contractors hash out some legal issues.

Also, have heard tell that OSHA is involved in certain compliance questions with TW; someone with inside info could perhaps enlighten us further.

Meanwhile there's Miami Rifle and Pistol's event, second Sunday of every month. Also pins on Wed. night at Mark's Guns in Florence Ky.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.