Help OFCC at a Gun Show!

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Help OFCC at a Gun Show!

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Brian D. wrote:Didn't want to start a new thread but had a related heads-up: Since Hara Arena closed, the Goodman gun shows in Dayton have moved around. First one was downtown at the Montgomery County fairgrounds arena. That seemed to flop. This weekend the show was moved to the Clark County fairgrounds (Springfield, just off I-70.) Seemed to be a last minute change of location.

Anyhow, these places are smaller than Hara and dealers don't seem to be too interested in getting tables. I am possibly dead wrong but perhaps Goodman could be persuaded to GIVE us a table now.

I may stop at Springfield tomorrow since it's not far past where my group shoots on Sundays. Will try to get a feel for whether it's even worth OFCC'S effort to see about setting up there.

While I'm spitballing ideas on this thread, consider another thing: If HRC wins next month, gun shows may get very crowded again. Show promoters may suddenly balk at giving tables to groups like ours when there's a long waiting list of dealers willing to pay top dollar for them.

Guess we don't have to worry about that for time being....hee....hee
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

I haven't put one together yet, I've been busy - or lazy, pick one.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

i would be willing to help with anything in the Franklin, Licking, & Fairfield Counties area..
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

dustymedic wrote:i would be willing to help with anything in the Franklin, Licking, & Fairfield Counties area..
I'm sure Justashooter will get wind of your "offer"

I don't think we man a table at any shows down your way.
Darrel
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:
dustymedic wrote:i would be willing to help with anything in the Franklin, Licking, & Fairfield Counties area..
I'm sure Justashooter will get wind of your "offer"

I don't think we man a table at any shows down your way.
It's not that we don't, if I understand it, it's that they closed the venue that had been used for years and during the transition the Chuck and Dave show ended up no longer running a table... But I can't remember the details why. Maybe one of them will stop in and refresh my memory. If we can work it out to get something going in that region, I'm all for it!
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

I don't think we man a table at any shows down your way.[/quote]
It's not that we don't, if I understand it, it's that they closed the venue that had been used for years and during the transition the Chuck and Dave show ended up no longer running a table... But I can't remember the details why. Maybe one of them will stop in and refresh my memory. If we can work it out to get something going in that region, I'm all for it![/quote]

I'm not sure but it could have been that , and/or the venue or show promoter wanted $100 a table ! ! !

Think I heard that from Chuck ?

Dustymedic.....if you know of a gun show in your area, even if you have to travel a wee bit, let us know.
Darrel
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Had some free time so's I thought I'd post the Medina , Oh. gun shows that OFCC mans a table.

Oct., 7th & 8th
Nov., 11th & 12th
Dec., 9th & 10th

Jan., 13th & 14th
Feb., 10th & 11th
Mar., 10th & 11th
Apr., 14th & 15th
Jun., 23rd & 24th
Sept., 8th & 9th
Oct., 13th & 14th
Nov., 10th & 11th
Dec., 8th & 9th

Ohio gun, knife and military show at the Stark co. fairgrounds
The only show left this year is the one on Nov., 25th & 26th

If I get time, I'll post the dates for the Summit Co, fair gun shows.

If anyone wants to lend us a hand manning a table for OFCC at any of these shows, give us a holler in this discussion and we will be MORE that happy to put you to work. :)

Also, if anyone knows of a gun show around the Dayton area and would like to help with manning a table in that area of Ohio, please let us know.
Darrel
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Oct., 7th & 8th
Unfortunately, unless I can find someone to take the lead this weekend in Medina we will have to skip this one.
NRA Life Member

3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

JustaShooter wrote:
Oct., 7th & 8th
Unfortunately, unless I can find someone to take the lead this weekend in Medina we will have to skip this one.
I just looked these dates up and was caught off guard and didn't realize this weekend was medina's show.

I won;t be able to cover it either for you Dave. sorry, but now that I have the dates for the rest of them , I can plan to work them from here on out and Walt will probably be avialiable to help now also.
I'll forward the dates to him too.
Darrel
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

My schedule will free up after the end of the month, doesn't do us any good this weekend though. Will be at the camper until Sunday afternoon. Pistol scenario shoot on Sat at the club, and I need to be there for that.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

So do we man gun shows anymore. :roll: Just wondering i have not seen a post for volunteers at any gun show. :? Lately.
Black Rifles Matter
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Well Steve, I wish I could say otherwise but the sad truth is that I am plumb out of volunteers - especially the Show Lead variety. I lost the team that had been covering Summit County and helping me cover Medina on Sundays. Add to that my work has gone crazy and I can't even step up to cover Saturdays at Medina. And of course with the change in venue in Columbus and hike in prices we've lost that show as well.

I've been trying to nail down my December and January schedules to see if I might somehow be able to make something happen if I could round up some volunteers.
NRA Life Member

3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

JustaShooter wrote:Well Steve, I wish I could say otherwise but the sad truth is that I am plumb out of volunteers - especially the Show Lead variety. I lost the team that had been covering Summit County and helping me cover Medina on Sundays. Add to that my work has gone crazy and I can't even step up to cover Saturdays at Medina. And of course with the change in venue in Columbus and hike in prices we've lost that show as well.

I've been trying to nail down my December and January schedules to see if I might somehow be able to make something happen if I could round up some volunteers.
Don't worry yourself to death over it Justashooter.

Moving in mid Dec. kills my participation in manning a table for the rest of the year. :(

After the first of the yr., I'd like to get back in the swing of things.

Don is usually free over the winter months , isn't he? If he wants to work Medina with me, maybe we can cover Medina come Jan. and Walt wants to help at Medina also. He's just not comfy manning a table by himself.

As for Summit, I may be able to man that one come Jan also....by myself, if need be, but Walt might help me out there too.

I need to post Summits shows for next yr....as I don't know 'em.

There's also the four Stark shows next year.

Maybe we could drop a show in the months that stark is having theirs ? Just my thoughts on all of this.
Darrel
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

steves 50de wrote:So do we man gun shows anymore. :roll: Just wondering i have not seen a post for volunteers at any gun show. :? Lately.
Uh....are you volunteering, Steve ? :P
Darrel
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote: I need to post Summits shows for next yr....as I don't know 'em.
Jan 27-28 is the only one I've got dates for so far. Will probably have more over the coming weeks.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers