Meet & Greet in Springdale

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

sigger

Meet & Greet in Springdale

Post by sigger »

=== Submission Template ===

1. Is this a request for a regular re-occuring event we've approved in the past: NO
2. Type of the event: Meet & Greet (& Eat)
3. Location of event: Carmella's Pizzeria. 459 E. Kemper Rd., Springdale OH http://www.carmelasohio.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
4. Purpose of event: This is just a get-together of like-minded people.
5. Date(s) of event: December 3, 2011 6:00 PM
6. Estimated crowd size if similar events have been held before: 15 - 20
7. Is the event in response to something (if so, what): No
We the people . . . do ordain and establish . . .
sigger

Re: Meet & Greet in Springdale

Post by sigger »

It's been way to long since the SW Ohio gang got together. This is intended to be a family-friendly get-together before the holidays. Carmella's has hosted events before and is very 2A friendly (especially to those who tip well). The restaurant is an Italian buffet that includes some pizza, but also has an extensive Italian entree menu. The meeting room will be reserved under the name "Tri-State Firearms." This is not another organization forming. I just needed a name to reserve the meeting room with. OC or CC is left up to the individual.

If you plan on attending please respond so that I can give the restaurant a ballpark head count. See you there.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I'm game. Happen to be off that day and the prices seem pretty good.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Gaspode

Post by Gaspode »

I may be able to mosey my way on down that way that day after work.
Pride is all well and good. But a sausage is a sausage.

All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Right now that sounds like a good date/time/place for me.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
RichN

Post by RichN »

I plan to be there. I may or may not have family with me. When do you need the final count?
"Those who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

My wife and I plan to attend if nothing comes up to prevent it. We will post if we can't make it.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
sigger

Post by sigger »

RichN wrote:I plan to be there. I may or may not have family with me. When do you need the final count?
The final count, even if somewhat rough, should be a few days before the event. The restaurant manager would just like to know if additional staff is going to be needed.
ohiophotog

Post by ohiophotog »

I will try to be there. This is the first time I have heard of a meet and greet any where close to me before it actually happened. :cry:
- OK. Jokes over. Bring back the Constitution.
- Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
- No trees were harmed during the transmission of this message, however a ton of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
mizzoumike

Post by mizzoumike »

I plan on attending and possibly bringing some family members.
ohiophotog

Post by ohiophotog »

I think it is now pretty likely that me and my wife will be there.

I have been trying to talk her into at the very least learning and being proficient in operating any weapon I own so that if the time comes she has some knowledge and ability to defend herself and our son. She has been resistant to even fire a handgun though she shot my 12ga at thanksgiving a couple years ago at some skeet and she was pretty good for it being her first time.

Reason for mentioning this was to ask if there will be any females at this M&G that carry that she may be able to relate to better than me. Would love for her to be able to talk to someone about importance of being proficient and their reasoning for having a CHL.
- OK. Jokes over. Bring back the Constitution.
- Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
- No trees were harmed during the transmission of this message, however a ton of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

ohiophotog wrote:I think it is now pretty likely that me and my wife will be there.

I have been trying to talk her into at the very least learning and being proficient in operating any weapon I own so that if the time comes she has some knowledge and ability to defend herself and our son. She has been resistant to even fire a handgun though she shot my 12ga at thanksgiving a couple years ago at some skeet and she was pretty good for it being her first time.

Reason for mentioning this was to ask if there will be any females at this M&G that carry that she may be able to relate to better than me. Would love for her to be able to talk to someone about importance of being proficient and their reasoning for having a CHL.
My wife will be there. She has her license and, while she doesn't often carry, she does when we travel. One of the reasons she wanted to get hers was so she could get into the car if I had to go to a CPZ and leave the gun in the car. This was a lot more important back in the days when you couldn't go to the restrooms in a rest stop, but it still has applications, just not as often.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
big_dog1893

Post by big_dog1893 »

i might be able to talk the family into coming out and getting a bite to eat and chatting about guns for a little. may also be able to talk a few friends into joining also.

so far 3 possibly maybe 5
stavinski

Post by stavinski »

Let me check in to this date, first time one of these has been within a hundred miles of me I knew about! Hoe exciting!
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

We can all go to target world afterwards and watch the thugs shoot.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.