Local Gun Shows

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Willrwilli

Local Gun Shows

Post by Willrwilli »

I have had my CCW license for almost a year now, and I just purchased my second gun. I replaced my Taurus PT 145 with a Glock 26. I would like to add a Glock 30 or 36 to give me a good variety. I always hear about the selection and the deals you can get at gun shows, but never know when or where they are. Is this posted anywhere online, or do you just have to be lucky?
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Big learning curve! You for sure need to research what you are after before going. Know what they are worth and what you are prepared to pay.
Check the auctions for current price's.
http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=gu ... =9&go.y=11
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Hello. There's some kind of on-line gun show calendar, but I sure can't remember a URL or title or anything, Google around a little bit. Also there is the Gun List publication, available at many bookstores and newsstands. In the back is usually at least a month's worth of show directory.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Glockulator

Post by Glockulator »

first, willi, good move choosing glock!!

central ohio we've the pro-gun folks running the shows here.
and in s.w. it's bill goodman.
so, good question, who does the shows up in the cleveland area?
i'll bet OMT will show up with the answer.
Cruiser wrote: You for sure need to research what you are after before going. Know what they are worth and what you are prepared to pay.
--too right, cruiser.

in addition to knowing what not to pay for something, know what to look for in a piece.

the ptooma book is a good one to read for familiarization with glock. reading that book will help you have a more critical eye for what's on the table. take your flashlight with you.

and good luck finding a decent G30 at a show. most who have them are holding onto them, and shows aren't letting them go cheap.
rouger10

Re: Local Gun Shows

Post by rouger10 »

Willrwilli wrote:I have had my CCW license for almost a year now, and I just purchased my second gun. I replaced my Taurus PT 145 with a Glock 26. I would like to add a Glock 30 or 36 to give me a good variety. I always hear about the selection and the deals you can get at gun shows, but never know when or where they are. Is this posted anywhere online, or do you just have to be lucky?
Try these
http://www.ohiogunshows.com
http://www.gunshow.net
http://www.conraddowdell.com

Roger
Willrwilli

Post by Willrwilli »

Thanks this is all good info. I am going to the range in the morning to shoot my new Glock for the first time. I can't wait. I shot a rented one, but I am sure it is not the same as having your own. As far as the G30, what do you all think about buying via an online auction site?
Regulator2

Post by Regulator2 »

I have bought a few guns online via gunbroker.com

you have to have an FFL to ship to

I never had any problems...just make sure you know what you are buying..

I don't prefer to do it that way...but have when the price was right
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on thier behalf --George Orwell

Regulator 2
518th Gun Truck Co, OIF Vet
Rugerman

Post by Rugerman »

The Niles Gun Show will be at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds on Oct. 28, 29

I have gotten good deals at that show in the past.

Hope you find what you are looking for. :D