Bowling Pin Match, Wilmington, Ohio July 4th!

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Jeremiahm

Bowling Pin Match, Wilmington, Ohio July 4th!

Post by Jeremiahm »

Clinton County Sportsmen Association is having another Bowling Pin match this year on July 4th. It will be our second annual July 4th match. This year's match will be very similar to last year's match with two different types of tables. We will have standard 4x8 tables that we call the "major" tables where the pins will be one foot from the front and three feet from the back of the table and you have to knock the pins completely off the table. The other type is the "minor" table that consists of a 4" beam with the pin in the middle of it. You only have to kiss the pins on this table in order to knock them off the back edge. You can shoot anything you want to on either table, but the heavy stuff will work better on the major tables and the light stuff will work better on the minor tables, including 22's and 9 mm's. We will also do something a little different this year. We will have a slug gun class where you'll get five shots to knock down five pins with a two second penalty for each missed pin. It should be a riot to both shoot the big dawgs and to watch the pins explode!

Both tables will be about 7 yards away from the shooting line and have a 20 second maximum allotted time.

Six tables for $10, twelve tables for $15. Shooting will start at 10 am and run until everyone is done. Bring what you got, anything capable of shooting five shots at a time, including revolvers, are welcome. Scopes and open sights, doesn't matter. Come on out and try pins for the first time, or show the first timers how to do it. It should be fun.

Any questions, please email me at jeremiahm@hotmail.com Check out the club at www.ccfsa.com
Jeremiahm

Directions...

Post by Jeremiahm »

I'm getting a lot of requests for directions, so.....

From cincinnati: Take I71 to SR68 south to Wilmington. Go all the way through Wilmington and turn left on SR134 at Stacey's Buffet. Go past the national weather service and Southern State college then turn right at the crossroads on Berlin Road. Take Berlin to batson road, turn left on batson. The range is on the right.

From Dayton, take SR35 east to Xenia. Get off on SR68 south, follow directions above.

From the southwest, take 68 or 132 or 133 to SR350. Take 350 east through Cuba, then turn left onto Brown road then turn left on Batson Road.

From the southeast, take 73 to 350 or 28 to 73 to 350. Turn right onto Brown then left on batson.

Or, for directions, give me a call at (937) 725-5008.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

C'mon OFCCers, who's coming out to blast pins that day? As it stands right now yours truly is planning to attend, along with some other Cincy area shooters who you folks haven't met yet. Bowling pins make a great reactive target, takes a good hit to move them back and off the table. But you still have to be fast. Fun, fun, fun!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Jeremiahm

Classes

Post by Jeremiahm »

The classes at tomorrow morning's shoot will be:

Major Open
Major Stock
Minor Open
Minor Stock
Minor Rimfire
Shotgun

I hope to have the tables set up by 9:00am, but the "official" start time will be ten. If I can get people on the tables before ten, that would be a bonus. If you need to shoot early so you can get to an afternoon event, come on down and help set up. The more help I can get to set up, the faster we'll be ready to shoot.

If anyone has any questions, my cell number is (937) 725-5008. You can call with any questions.

You also don't need to be at the club by ten to shoot. It's basically shoot when you get there. You can come as late as one o'clock and still shoot.

Hope to see some people off of this forum.

Jeremiah
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Guess I should have phrased this differently: I triple dog dare my fellow OFCC members to come out and blast pins with us tomorrow!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
357sigsauer

Post by 357sigsauer »

Is this a rain of shine event?

Is there a novice class? I have never been to a bowling pin match.

EDIT- Just seen the other thread said it would be rain or shine. :lol:
SigSauer P226 357sig

I don't need a gun I've got a Donk. -- Crocodile Dundee II
Jeremiahm

Absolutely.

Post by Jeremiahm »

It's a rain or shine event.

Most of our shooters at our last event were novices. We had some pin shooters there, but most of the guys (and gals) were brand new to pin shooting.

This is just one of those formats that you just need to come down and bring a gun and shoot. Just jump right in. Everyone has a good time. It's very informal.

It's like any other shooting sport where if you show up with the right attitude, you'll have lots of fun, and safe fun at that.

Jeremiah
Jeremiahm

Thanks

Post by Jeremiahm »

Thanks to everyone that came out and shot some pins with us. The winners are:

Shotgun
1st Brian Dover

Stock Minor
1st Keith Nelson
2nd Terry Consider
3rd Brain Dover

Stock Major
1st Keith Nelson
2nd Bob Martin
3rd Terry Consider

Unlimited Major
1st Keith Nelson

Rimfire Minor
1st Terry Consider
2nd Melisa Consider
3rd John Kimball

We had 37 entries. That's 222 tables shot with 1110 pins being blasted. I think everyone had a blast! There were some very impressive single table times.

Hope to see you guys again next year.

Jeremiah.