2010 Schedule- Appleseed Rifle Instruction -Updated 9/14/10

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

2010 Schedule- Appleseed Rifle Instruction -Updated 9/14/10

Post by MeanStreaker »

Update 09/14/10: -- Announcing BrokenLock Longrifle Gun Club in Wooster, OH on November 6-7!

If you would like to bring The Appleseed Project to your range or private land, please PM me and we can make it happen!

Click on the links below to go the Registration and Information page. Remember women, children under 21, and active duty military attend free (but still need to register to reserve a spot)! Only $70 for everyone else for a weekend of top notch Marksmanship instruction and Heritage lessons.

Wooster, OH (New!)
Nov 6-7

Wilmington, OH (New!)
Nov 13-14

Gibsonburg, OH (With 500 yard range!)
April 24-25
May 29-30
July 24-25
Aug 28-29
Sep 25-26
Oct 16-17

Lima, OH (New!)
August 14-15
October 2-3

Athens, OH
April 17-18
May 22-23
July 17-18
Sept 11-12
Oct 30-31

Miamisburg, OH
March 27-28
April 17-18
May 15-16
June 12-13
July 10-11
Aug 7-8
Sept 4-5
Oct 9-10
Nov 6-7
Dec 4-5

Salem, OH (New!)
July 31 - Aug 1

New Philadelphia, OH (New! With 600 yard range!)
April 17-18
June 19-20

Lancaster, OH (New!)
March 20-21
June 26-27

West Jefferson, OH (New!)
June 5-6

Vienna, OH
April 17-18
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
jeep45238

Re: 2010 Schedule - Appleseed Rifle Instruction (New Locations!)

Post by jeep45238 »

How big is the firing line at the New Phil. location (I'm assuming that's the one with the 600 yard range)?
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

New Phila location = http://www.tuscorifle.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Right now I have registration capped at 60 shooters for New Phila for the main range. I'm going to visit it next weekend and do an official measuring and I'm pretty sure I can bump up that number. The 600 yard range should be available on Sundays for those that qualify and would gain from known distance shooting.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Thanks for the update! Ted and I were just talking about Appleseeds last night. I want to go, and he wants to take our oldest son, and 10 year old daughter.

I might end up going to one for my 45th birthday!
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: 2010 Schedule - Appleseed Rifle Instruction (Updated!)

Post by MeanStreaker »

Updated to include a new location: Lancaster, OH

Also, after measuring, we should be able to fit up to 20 people on the 600 yard range at New Phila.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

MeanStreaker wrote:Updated to include a new location: Lancaster, OH

Also, after measuring, we should be able to fit up to 20 people on the 600 yard range at New Phila.
That's good to know - now I need to figure out which one I can attend :)

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

I just signed up for the New Philly shoot in April....I figure the chance to shoot on the 600 yard range is well-worth it.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
jobu72
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by jobu72 »

I just signed up for the April New Philadelphia date as well. If anyone wants to carpool, fine with me. I have not decided if I will stay the night down there or not. Since it is only like a 50 minute drive from me in Akron.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

jobu72 wrote:I just signed up for the April New Philadelphia date as well. If anyone wants to carpool, fine with me. I have not decided if I will stay the night down there or not. Since it is only like a 50 minute drive from me in Akron.

I would - met some great people and had some entertaining discussions at the Gibsonburg Appleseed last year :)

-Important distinction
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

Don't forget primitive camping is allowed, FREE, and encouraged at New Phila. It is also allowed at all other OH locations except Vienna.

I highly recommend it for enhancing the weekend and that's my plan - like all Appleseeds. Sitting around a campfire with like minded folks is icing on the cake for a great weekend. Although I forgot to ask New Phila about a campfire when I scheduled the dates. But I'm most likely camping.
jobu72
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by jobu72 »

MeanStreaker wrote:Don't forget primitive camping is allowed, FREE, and encouraged at New Phila. It is also allowed at all other OH locations except Vienna.

I highly recommend it for enhancing the weekend and that's my plan - like all Appleseeds. Sitting around a campfire with like minded folks is icing on the cake for a great weekend. Although I forgot to ask New Phila about a campfire when I scheduled the dates. But I'm most likely camping.
I would definitely camp out in a tent if I decide to stay. The only reason I said maybe was because average temperatures in New Philadelphia in mid April are lows of mid 30s and highs of mid 60s. So we'll just have to see. Maybe I'll bring a tarp and some 550 and just build a makeshift tent in the woods. :D

I'm also still trying to convince my wife to go as well, specially since it is no cost. So that might have a big factor on the whole tent thing, too.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

I might camp out too, depends.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

They invented wool, fleece, gortex, thinsulate, fire, and shelter for reasons - hand warmers if that's not enough. Just commit to it already :wink:

-Important distinction
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

We're thinking of coming to the March 27-28 one, but I am not sure about camping, then. March sounds a bit cold. If I knew that we could plug in a tent heater, I'd be more inclined.

I hate to miss out on a campfire, though!
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

Sorry Mustang, there are no electricity hookups where we'll be camping in Miamisburg on Mar 27-28. You could always enjoy campfire time and then retire to a motel a few miles down the road. Hope to see you there!