NE Ohio Steel Bowling Pin Shoots

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

DaveT

NE Ohio Steel Bowling Pin Shoots

Post by DaveT »

Hi - Didn't find this on a search so I thought I'd add it. At the Summit County Fairgrounds gun show I picked up a flyer about a new (to me) range - the Portage-Summit Field & Stream - a private club in Deerfield in Portage County.

They're planning to offer steel bowling pin shoots that will be open to the public (timed shooting at flat metal plates cut out in the shape of bowling pins, five lined up, reset by pulling on a cord). They suggest you bring 2 magazines or speedloaders. Handguns only, caliber .22 to .44 - no rifles, carbines or shotguns.

They're going to be held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of 2006, 6p.m. to dusk on May 2, 16; June 6, 20; July 18; Aug. 1, 15; Sept. 5, 19; Oct 3, 17. $2 per relay (3 tries) for fun, $3 per relay for prize money.

Address is 8504 State Route 224 in Deerfield, 1.6 miles west of the circle in Deerfield (just east and opposite Willow Creek Farm). Coming from I-76, Route 14 is exit No. 43.

For more info on the shoots, contact Frank & Karen Karl at
portagesummit(at)yahoo(dot)com.

For more info about the club, contact Lew Weygandt, president, at 330-688-6507.