Latest forecast for TDI

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Terry Wolf

Latest forecast for TDI

Post by Terry Wolf »

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE now says for TDI area:

Sat night; 40% chance of rain, low 41.
Sun; mostly cloudy, high near 64.

Stay tuned!
--Terry
Old Coastie.
Ohio CC License issued April 2004.
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

Don't know what TDI stands for, but reading that makes my mouth water!
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.
tjeffries

Post by tjeffries »

TDI=Tactical Defense Institute
XDShooter
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by XDShooter »

Sounds like we could wear shorts.

Tom
Springfield XD-40 Service
Taurus Millenium Pro PT-140
Suzuki GSX-R750
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

XDShooter, we'll be using a good many steel targets out there--I don't recommend shorts..bouncebacks may leave you with a few "OWWies" :wink: Also, we may well be doing some shooting from prone/kneeling/sitting positions, and TDI is a gravel-rich environment.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
GWC

Post by GWC »

I reccomend 5.11 pants with built-in kneepads. That's what I'll be wearing.
hiker

Post by hiker »

GWC wrote:I reccomend 5.11 pants with built-in kneepads...
Hmm, I don't have 5.11's or kneepads. Uh-oh, I thought I signed-up for Fun'nGun but it's starting to sound like boot camp! (just kidding)

But I am serious about this - I'll be the one there making everyone else look good!
357sigsauer

Post by 357sigsauer »

But I am serious about this - I'll be the one there making everyone else look good!
Thanks, I need all the help I can get! :wink:
SigSauer P226 357sig

I don't need a gun I've got a Donk. -- Crocodile Dundee II
XDShooter
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by XDShooter »

Brian D. wrote:XDShooter, we'll be using a good many steel targets out there--I don't recommend shorts..bouncebacks may leave you with a few "OWWies" :wink: Also, we may well be doing some shooting from prone/kneeling/sitting positions, and TDI is a gravel-rich environment.
Check.

Tom
Springfield XD-40 Service
Taurus Millenium Pro PT-140
Suzuki GSX-R750
GWC

Post by GWC »

I'm not a range commando, I've been there a few times and don't like picking gravel out of my knees.

Jeans are a little tight for all the moving around. I usually wear BDU pants but some people look at you weird if you do. I bought some 5.11 pants on sale and did not even know they had pockets for knee pad inserts until I passed a 5.11 booth at an LE Expo. They gave me the pads for free because I was wearing their pants.

So this time I won't have to pick gravel out of my knees.

And I am by no means an super duper expert shooter. I just started taking tactical classes a few years ago to try to make up for lost time. I know some good tactics and I am confident with my weapon(s), but there will be a lot of people outshooting me, especially the guys that shoot IDPA and/or IPSC a lot. I'd like to try that some time, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of places near me to try it.
Moose02

Post by Moose02 »

For those that have 5.11 pants but don't have the knee pads, but are looking for them. Someone shared with me last time I was down there that you can use two mouse pads cut to fit the profile/outline of the 5.11 pants and they work just about the same. So, take two mouse pads, borrow a "real" knee pad as a pattern, trace and cut.

Have a great time at the Fun & Gun... I can't say that I'm envious since I decided to pass this up for a different trip/shooting class, so I'll have to make a plan of going next year to make up for not going this year (or last).
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

REMINDER: This coming weekend is the beginning of Daylight Savings Time. Those of you attending TDI, remember to set your alarm clocks one hour ahead on Saturday night!

"Time and weather here every ten minutes on AM talk radio WOFCC." :lol:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

Just got back from my first walk. Was a bit too chilly, but blood flowing has a way of countering that. Felt naked with just one gun. Oh the humanity.
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

dan_sayers wrote:Just got back from my first walk. Was a bit too chilly, but blood flowing has a way of countering that. Felt naked with just one gun. Oh the humanity.
I felt naked in the shower this morning. :shock: