Dillon sportsmans center reopens

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

SKEETSHOOTER

Dillon sportsmans center reopens

Post by SKEETSHOOTER »

The Dillon sportsman center (range) will be open for business Sat. march 18th for the season. Some of you may know the flood of 2005 just about did us in, but with alot of hard work and donations we had a short season last yr. this year promises to be a lot better.
charles1198

Post by charles1198 »

I have a membership at the other local range, but Dillon is so much closer for me, and it brings back a lot of memories -- I used to shoot there as a kid. I was glad to see it reopen last year. :D
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

I hope my work schedule eases up this summer. Man, with working every other weekend, and two kids with music, friends, sports, Church....and a wife in College. I'm just glad I can shoot in my back yard.

Dillon is a nice facility and it was snatched from the brink of the abyss by some very dedicated shooters.

The state was ready to bulldoze the place after the flood.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I stopped out there over the summer, and saw the results of the flood. My question is, have steps been taken to prevent such damage from reoccuring if we get another wet springtime?

Don't know how that can be done, engineering isn't my gig, but it sure would be ashame to have this sad situation repeat itself..
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

One other question:

Post by Brian D. »

Are there Bowling Pin shoots on Dillon's schedule? How about IDPA or IPSC? Thanks..
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
SKEETSHOOTER

Post by SKEETSHOOTER »

AS for the engineering stand point the place was bult to be under water once in 100 yr. So let hope this was the one. There was just to much water down south for them to let our water out at the time. That is what dillon was bult for to save towns down river flood control.As for shooting pins yes every 2nd sunday of the mo. if you want an event schedule email me at redmanjr@adelphia.net and I will send you one