Update: US 36 reopens near Blackwing...

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Update: US 36 reopens near Blackwing...

Post by Brian D. »

Just a quick heads up for anyone who will be going to Blackwing Shooting Center in the near future. I found out the hard way last Saturday that US 36 is being repaved just east of their location! :evil: Think the construction sign said 'Starting 8/6 for 30 days', but we all know how fouled up gov't signage can be in our state. :wink:

The posted detour is probably 5-6 miles longer, but thanks to my DeLorme's Ohio Atlas I found a shortcut. The road job sure wasn't helping Blackwing's business that day. Purely out of pity :lol: I bought a nice used Beretta Alleycat--Tomcat w/XS Big Dot tritium sight. Darn near got me a SigTac vest, but my 5.11 still has some miles left.

Anyhow, I actually ran into TWO detours that day. US 42 is closed just north of Plain City, if anybody is interested. Again the DeLorme mapbook saved me some miles.

EDIT TO ADD, 9/1/07: According to GlockGal, US 36 is open now. The detour on US 42 north of Plain City likely remains for the time being.
Last edited by Brian D. on Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Strider

Post by Strider »

Learned about the detour the hard way last Friday.

I don't mind a drive through the country though, as long as it's Summer time :)
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend" J.R.R. Tolkien
xd

Post by xd »

That {deleted - jabeatty} thing still closed. It's been almost 3 weeks now since I've been there.
GlockGal

Post by GlockGal »

It's open now!