Central Ohio IDPA Match this Saturday July 28

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BobK

Central Ohio IDPA Match this Saturday July 28

Post by BobK »

In case anyone in Central Ohio is interested, I received this email and will drop a plug:
-----Original Message-----
From: IDPA at Big Darby Creek Shooting Range [mailto:BigDarbyIDPA@defensivepistol.org]
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2007 10:45 AM
To: IDPA at Big Darby Creek Shooting Range
Subject: IDPA Match this Saturday July 28

Hello Shooters,

I’d like to invite you all once again to the monthly IDPA match at Big Darby Creek Shooting Range in West Jefferson, Ohio. The match is this coming Saturday, July 28th. We will begin set up at 8:00 AM. We’re going to need some extra help setting up this month as many of my regular match volunteers are not available. Please come early and help if you want to start on time. Thanks in advance.

There will be a new shooter’s meeting at 9:30 AM. I will be conducting a stage walk thru with the SOs as we set up. The shooter briefing will be at 9:50 AM with match starting at 10:00 AM. I hope we can stay on schedule to complete the match by 2 PM and to be heading home by 3 PM.

There will be 4 scenarios which can be found on the Central Ohio Defensive Pistol League website at www.defensivepistol.org. These scenarios are very specific and will be shot to the letter as the results will be compiled from matches around the US and even the world. The match fee is $15 for non-Big Darby members and $10 for those who are members of Big Darby Creek. We will also have some lunch available for a small fee for anyone interested.

Keep in mind, Big Darby Creek is a cold range for our matches. This means that for all match participants, there are no loaded firearms behind the firing line and no handling of unloaded firearms unless in a Safe Area or on the firing line with a Safety Officer. For those who are Concealed Handgun Licensees (CHL), there is an unloading barrel at the building end of the parking lot for you to unload. Also, please do not handle firearms inside or around automobiles. We always provide "Safe Gun - No Ammo Allowed Areas" for taking on/off equipment and inspecting unloaded firearms. The "Safe Areas" are clearly posted behind the range area.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Jon

Jon Santini, Jr.
IDPA Match Director - Big Darby Creek Shooting Range
Central Ohio Defensive Pistol League
614-873-1317
BigDarbyIDPA@defensivepistol.org
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

Cool - I wish I could make it - but I got a day to play there in a couple weeks...

I am new to IDPA still, I am looking forward to it..

- T
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

Man, I have company visiting from West Virginia. But, I will be competing soon!
mscott

Post by mscott »

I've heard of this range, but never been there. I'm holding out and hoping for USPSA type shooting.
You can't shoot a big enough gun to miss 'em dead.

NRA Life Member
BobK

Post by BobK »

mscott wrote:. . . I'm holding out and hoping for USPSA type shooting.
Well, while you are holding out, we all had a great time today. Nice grilled burgers & sausage for lunch, too.
mscott

Post by mscott »

BobK wrote:
mscott wrote:. . . I'm holding out and hoping for USPSA type shooting.
Well, while you are holding out, we all had a great time today. Nice grilled burgers & sausage for lunch, too.
Hopefully noone took my comment as a cut on the place. I would have liked to be shooting today, but I did load up some ammo for the 2-gun match at Briar Rabbit tomorrow. I guess I can't justify driving that far for 4 stages. I'm sure I'll make it there eventually.
You can't shoot a big enough gun to miss 'em dead.

NRA Life Member
BobK

Post by BobK »

mscott wrote:Hopefully noone took my comment as a cut on the place.
My comment wasn't intended as a rebuke, more like a "come on in, the water is fine".
mscott wrote:I guess I can't justify driving that far for 4 stages.
Yesterday was a 46 round minimum, so I would have to agree driving 90 minutes each way from Howard would hardly seem worth it. I am about 15-20 minutes from the range. Big difference.