Kickin it with the XD Homies -> Central OH Gathering

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Kickin it with the XD Homies -> Central OH Gathering

Post by OldManTod »

Hey Everybody - I wanted to pimp a central OH shoot we have coming up - you don't have to be an XD'er, but you just may have to wrap lace around your grip if you show up with anything else :)

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/showthread ... 967&page=4

Hope to get a good turnout there.

- T
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
makdaddy

Post by makdaddy »

If Commie Bloc pistols are allowed, I'm in..

What color lace?? :)
If waterboarding was a sexual preference, it would be taught in public schools.
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

makdaddy wrote:If Commie Bloc pistols are allowed, I'm in..

What color lace?? :)
Shhhh... Don't tell anybody - I am showing with a commie pistola myself, Pop and I did some horse trading and I ended up with a G26 :twisted:

I also will be bringing the S&W M&P 9 to shoot, but I am thinking I will have ( :roll: ) to bring the XD45 to keep the natives in check.

I think ~9:00 a.m. - the times and details are over at XDTalk.

As far as lace - I am bring pink and white so I am prepared...

- T
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
makdaddy

Post by makdaddy »

OldManTod wrote:[
Shhhh... Don't tell anybody - I am showing with a commie pistola myself, Pop and I did some horse trading and I ended up with a G26 :twisted:

I also will be bringing the S&W M&P 9 to shoot, but I am thinking I will have ( :roll: ) to bring the XD45 to keep the natives in check.

I think ~9:00 a.m. - the times and details are over at XDTalk.

As far as lace - I am bring pink and white so I am prepared...

- T
Pink works, if I must. :) Austria isn't really a Commie Bloc country though, it's a "federal parliamentary representative democratic republic" dontcha know?

Besides, a true Commie bloc gun doesn't have any plastic, I mean polymer, on it. Real Commie guns are all steel, all the time. Of course they weigh as much as a T-72 and the bluing tends to look like it was done in Stalins toilet, but they shoot nicely and stand up to lots of abuse.

A coworker bought a nice XD40 package, (his first handgun) and ended up trading it for a really nasty old Ford pickup truck. Don't ask me why, I'll just tell ya. He couldn't shoot the thing like a pro the first day he had it, so he didn't like it anymore. Too bad. His loss, it's a great pistol. My CHL instructor had an XD45, he let each of us shoot six rounds through it. That thing was a tack driver at 21 feet, I shot all six rounds into a 1 inch hole. No lie. Awesome machine, but it was just too big for me to carry.

Anyway, this sounds like fun, and I'm not far away. Probably see you there!
If waterboarding was a sexual preference, it would be taught in public schools.
D_Fence

Post by D_Fence »

I would have been there if they had gone with the July date. Alas, I'll be gone in August.
tinman

Post by tinman »

So is this a ride in also? Just how much guns and ammo can you carry on a bike before the local PD gets interested? I might try to make this myself, I guess I'll have to go get an XD so I don't stick out :wink: , but I'll probably end up with a couple 1911's. At least they're an American gun, made in some obscure third world country that has changed names three times since I wrote this post.
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

Darn. I am doing "shooting" of a completely different variety that day: wedding photography.

This time of year Saturdays really get eaten up!
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

I would tell you the details of the swap for the G26 - but the XD guys would lynch me.

Could be a ride-in, I was going to bring the truck so I can carry shotguns/rifles as well just in case.

Glad the word is getting out, sorry to those folks who can't make it.

- T
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

If you haven't shot the 26, you'll love it. Don't even mess with an extension...Man it up! 8)
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

Man we could SHOOT a glock :-), fasten it up at 50 yards and blast away at it, and put pics and movies on the internet hehehehehehhehehehe

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
BRIAR

Post by BRIAR »

dag gone it i dont have a sixtuplet holster. :shock:
2- .45acp
2- .40 x10
2- 9mm
"The smell of sulphur is strong but not unpleasant to the sinner."
--Mark Twain, 1866
BRIAR

Post by BRIAR »

i am kinda slow is it 11 aug
--Mark Twain, 1866
BRIAR

Post by BRIAR »

<---- rolls with several
--Mark Twain, 1866
xd

Post by xd »

I read the stuff on XD talk and it's on the forum at BCDSR. I'm pimping all over the place to promote the range and joined as a member the second day they opened. I'll be the one passing out fliers at the Aug party and I'll be there again tonight for the Wed nite two gun shoot. I only wish they were around when I took the CCW course. The guy that teaches it actually teaches stuff relevant to CCW conditions. I think his name is Ron. As far as I'm concerned it's about the only range that actually qualifies for real CCW practice in central OH. Hope I meet you at the XD shoot. If anyone's embarassed about bringing a less than perfect XD I'll be happy to loan you my .45GAP if you can find the bullets for it. :P
MrsTBD

Post by MrsTBD »

I guess since I got TBD a XD9 for our anniversarylast week... I will try and let him go show it off... I will bring my 9x18 MAK and maybe my lever action .22 Henry. TBD and I went out there once to check it out, nice range. They have a lot of potential. Hope to see you there.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!
- Herm Albright