Church Designed Security Team worries me

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Church Designed Security Team worries me

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

ChurchGoer wrote:Does anyone have an example or suggestion for a church that DOES want to grant permission to a few individuals to carry?
Church firearms policy: If you need to use it, marksmanship is appreciated.

Seriously. Keep it simple. All or none.

If it's 'All', then no restrictions.
MyWifeSaidYes
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
ChurchGoer wrote:Does anyone have an example or suggestion for a church that DOES want to grant permission to a few individuals to carry?
Church firearms policy: If you need to use it, marksmanship is appreciated.

Seriously. Keep it simple. All or none.

If it's 'All', then no restrictions.
Agreed.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
pps_dad

Post by pps_dad »

I was talking to my Mother the other day, she is on staff at her church, she said that the church's insurance company sent them a letter and told them they needed to set up a response team and if they didn't they made it sound like they were going to drop their coverage. I don't know how much she'll tell me but I'll try to find out more.
OFCC Member
NRA Member
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

pps_dad wrote:I was talking to my Mother the other day, she is on staff at her church, she said that the church's insurance company sent them a letter and told them they needed to set up a response team and if they didn't they made it sound like they were going to drop their coverage. I don't know how much she'll tell me but I'll try to find out more.
A "response team" is one thing. "security" that is armed is armed is another.
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

Keep it simple. Have it in writing. Our church does not allow those who have permission to go around and "advertise/brag" about it.