Good outdoor range near Newark Ohio?

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

kSetuni

Good outdoor range near Newark Ohio?

Post by kSetuni »

Hey everyone,

Now that I've added some long guns, I'm wanting to get them sighted in and practice at an outdoor range before the weather turns bad. Dillon Sportsmans park is about 15 minutes away. Briar rabbit is about 45 minutes. I've heard of thunder valley and its about an hour away.

Anyone have any experiences at these ranges, good or bad? Any others I should know about? Dillons hours, even for members, seem a bit restrictive, especially if trying to make use of free shooting during the week.

Thanks
Brian D.

Re: Good outdoor range near Newark Ohio?

Post by Brian D. »

I always hear/read good things about Briar Rabbit. Also, several years ago, I checked out Rayner's Range south of Zanesville/Cambridge. They had tons of targets at all kinds of distances. A look at their website suggests they may only be open on weekends for matches these days though, I don't know.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.