Commence Fire CHLcourse qualifications

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

djwiteboi

Commence Fire CHLcourse qualifications

Post by djwiteboi »

Hey everyone,

I'm taking the CHL course at Commence Fire this weekend and was wondering what distance they have you shoot at the range to qualify? I'm guessing somewhere between 5-7 yards does that sound reasonable? I ask solely out of curiosity I don't think I or my girlfriend will have any trouble with it as we've been shooting pistols for over a year pretty regularly now.

Thanks!
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Commence Fire CHLcourse qualifications

Post by TSiWRX »

^ I really don't know - I'm a frequent flier at their classes, but I unfortunately did not do my Ohio-CHL there. :oops:

Send an e-mail to them or give them a quick call. Their staff is always friendly and helpful.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

5-7 yards is reasonable. any more is unreasonable for whole class.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Atilla

Post by Atilla »

I took my CHL class there and you're going to the right place. The range portion is at around 15' with a full size silhouette target. Instructor ratio is around 2:1 and they are very experienced. The classroom portion is even more informative and necessary.... You'll see after you attend. Years later I still attend their classes and range sessions. Well worth it
C'mon! We're all going to die, die standing up!
djwiteboi

Post by djwiteboi »

Thanks Atila! I figured it was right around there. I hear nothing but good things about commence fire and I've been researching these classes for about a year now.
djwiteboi

Post by djwiteboi »

They must do things a little differently these days because we tested at multiple distances out to 30' and even incorporated one handed shots strong and weak handed. I passed with flying colors and so did my girl who actually outshot me this time. Another glowing recommendation for commence fire from us. I look forward to the next class i can attend.
smoluse

Post by smoluse »

djwiteboi wrote:They must do things a little differently these days because we tested at multiple distances out to 30' and even incorporated one handed shots strong and weak handed. I passed with flying colors and so did my girl who actually outshot me this time. Another glowing recommendation for commence fire from us. I look forward to the next class i can attend.
CFTA still does multiple distances for qualification 12', 21' then out to 30' (50 rounds - 80% should be in the scoring zone on an OPOTA style silhouette target )
The Obama Nation in an "abomination"
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

djwiteboi wrote:...I passed with flying colors and so did my girl who actually outshot me this time...
"This time"?

Riiiiggghhhhtttt. :wink:

:P
MyWifeSaidYes