places to shoot full auto

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

places to shoot full auto

Post by M-Quigley »

I know someone who legally owns a selective fire subgun that fires pistol ammo, but he hasn't fired it in many years. Most of the commercial ranges that he's checked won't allow full auto, and his gun club pretty much won't allow it either. He asked me if I knew of any places that allow it in the SW or western Ohio region. Eastern Indiana might also be good, except you have to fill out an ATF form every time you take it across state lines. Does anybody of of a place, or a source for finding a place?
Brian D.

Re: places to shoot full auto

Post by Brian D. »

Did you contact Ready Line in Newtown? [phone number deleted per TOS--m380gal]. They certainly offer several full auto rentals, plus deal in the Class III stuff for those with fat enough wallets. I don't know for sure but have no reason to suspect that a patron couldn't fire his/her own buzz gun there.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
synack2

Post by synack2 »

Miami Valley Shooting Grounds in Vandalia will on the short rifle range. You have to let them know when you go in to pay, and show them your paper work. If it is your first time and they don't know you, then you may want to call first. Sometimes if they are real busy they may say not today. They want to have a range officer present, you stand in the middle and fire at the logs at the end. The prefer short controlled bursts, but they will let you have fun as long as you're controlled and keeping the shots hitting low and the bottom of the hill.
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
marca

Post by marca »

Miami Rifle & Pistol Club allows full-auto on their plinking range. If you are not a member, you might be able to go as a guest of a member.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Southington Hunt Club, Inc. in Garrettsville, OH, but you need to call ahead for their requirements.
Curzyk

Post by Curzyk »

Black Wing rents full autos, but that comes with direct RSO supervision. Call them up, as they are probably fine as long as all the paperwork is present.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Brian D. wrote:Did you contact Ready Line in Newtown? [phone number deleted per TOS--m380gal].
Oops, forgot that ToS rule, my bad. Easy enough to find the store's contact info anyway.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Thanks for all the replies, will check them out.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Tusco in Tuscarawas County has full auto shoots. I don't know what their requirements are, but it is a very nice range.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Mustang380gal wrote:Tusco in Tuscarawas County has full auto shoots. I don't know what their requirements are, but it is a very nice range.
According to google, that's a three hour one way drive for him, so he'll probably check out the closer options first. Thanks for the info anyway, might be something to check out if he's ever out that way.

He originally asked about shooting in a section of my back yard. Although it would be safe, and I think it would be legal, (shooting in general is) I don't want to scare some some deer that are visiting on a daily basis. I hope to get up really close to the largest one in the near future.
:)
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Army and Marines.. :wink:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

Curzyk wrote:Black Wing rents full autos, but that comes with direct RSO supervision. Call them up, as they are probably fine as long as all the paperwork is present.
I have seen several people bring their full auto fun guns into Blackwing. It's not a problem for them.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Ring

Post by Ring »

Tusco and ashland allow full auto..