training question

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

kevinmoffo

Re: training question

Post by kevinmoffo »

Brian D. wrote:Kevin, a very small group of licensees had expiration dates that fell before the revamped law, which ended the training requirement, went into effect. Maybe you've spoken with one of them?
Yes this is one of the reason he gave me 4 haveing to re certify, is this correct when do I if my license falls under this case
Kevin Moffo
kevinmoffo

Post by kevinmoffo »

Yes I will ask him but unfortunately they only do this on Tuesdays Wednesdays and Thursdays so I just don't want to wait that long I would like to find out now but I can't find that revamp law anywhere
Kevin Moffo
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

kevinmoffo wrote:
Brian D. wrote:Kevin, a very small group of licensees had expiration dates that fell before the revamped law, which ended the training requirement, went into effect. Maybe you've spoken with one of them?
Yes this is one of the reason he gave me 4 haveing to re certify, is this correct when do I if my license falls under this case
That still should not matter NOW though. What Sodbuster posted earlier and I quoted below is what is accurate right now. You do not need anything besides evidence that you once had a valid license, the completed application, and the money for the fee.

sodbuster95 wrote:
pirateguy191 wrote:
kevinmoffo wrote:Okay I went to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department today met with lieutenant clerk he said because my license expired little over a year and a half ago on December 2013 I would have to recertify on the range before I could renew my license. So I'm going to go take the course and just get it over with so I can get my permit back
That's 100% false. Ask him to show you where that is written.
Or just point him to 2923.125(F)(1)(a)
Except as provided in division (F)(1)(b) of this section, a licensee who wishes to renew a concealed handgun license issued under this section shall do so not earlier than ninety days before the expiration date of the license or at any time after the expiration date of the license by filing with the sheriff of the county in which the applicant resides or with the sheriff of an adjacent county, or in the case of a applicant who resides in another state with the sheriff of the county that issued the applicant's previous concealed handgun license an application for renewal of the license obtained pursuant to division (D) of this section, a certification by the applicant that, subsequent to the issuance of the license, the applicant has reread the pamphlet prepared by the Ohio peace officer training commission pursuant to section 109.731 of the Revised Code that reviews firearms, dispute resolution, and use of deadly force matters, and a nonrefundable license renewal fee in an amount determined pursuant to division (F)(4) of this section unless the fee is waived.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I left my name and number for the Sheriff. When I told the lady that Lt. Clark may not be aware of some of the changes to the CHL renewal requirements, she asked:

"Who are you?"

"How do you know all this information?"

I told her, "It's what I do."

Then she said, "Okay. Thank you." and hung up on me.

:?

Nice.
MyWifeSaidYes
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

DON'T take any re-cert class !!

Talked with Lt. Clark just now for nearly an hour.

Sent him a link to Am. Sub HB 495 (129th GA) that contains the changes.

http://archives.legislature.state.oh.us ... 129_HB_495" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

^^^^ Great job, MWSY. You should be some sort of Coordinator or Compliance guy or something.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
kevinmoffo

Post by kevinmoffo »

You Talked to lt.clerk for almost an hour does that mean he finally so it your way and agreed or was he still arguing with your about it?
Kevin Moffo
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

kevinmoffo wrote:You Talked to lt.clerk for almost an hour does that mean he finally so it your way and agreed or was he still arguing with your about it?
As soon as I told him the law had changed, he realized his info might be out of date.

That's one of the reasons I do this, to bring folks up to speed with all the changes to the law. It keeps them out of trouble and it keeps them from causing trouble for others. It's a Win-Win.
MyWifeSaidYes