NEO Cleveland area group

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Jayrhill

NEO Cleveland area group

Post by Jayrhill »

Does anyone know of a group or anything like that I would be able to train and shoot with in the Cleveland area?
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: NEO Cleveland area group

Post by TSiWRX »

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic. ... s#p4301292" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

^ To which I'll join as soon as my dental reconstruction is done! :)

Although it's primarily H2H, I think you'll be able to network with shooters there, too.

StreetCombatives.us, formerly LMI Inc., also has a strong focus on H2H/knife combatives, but has recently started force-on-force/scenario-based training. Ron no longer offers life-fire open-enrollment firearms courses, but I'm sure you can network there, too, with the student pool.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
EChryst

Post by EChryst »

There are also plenty of places to shoot "gun games" that have a group of regulars to associate with.

South Cuyahoga, North Olmsted Sportsmans Club, Stonewall Range all offer shooting games.

Take a look at IDPA, or USPSA or even IPSC to find places around here that shoot those type of events.
-Erik
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

EChryst wrote:There are also plenty of places to shoot "gun games" that have a group of regulars to associate with.

South Cuyahoga, North Olmsted Sportsmans Club, Stonewall Range all offer shooting games.

Take a look at IDPA, or USPSA or even IPSC to find places around here that shoot those type of events.
Don't forget steel challenge!
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
EChryst

Post by EChryst »

dl1911 wrote:
EChryst wrote:There are also plenty of places to shoot "gun games" that have a group of regulars to associate with.

DL1911 can definitely expound on all the different events.
-Erik
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

EChryst wrote:
dl1911 wrote:

DL1911 can definitely expound on all the different events.
He's right. Most of the practical shooting events start off in March and April. I usually post a list every month of what I've got here on the forums. The clubs I try and include are PCSI, Richwood, Youngstown Rifle & Pistol, Ashland Lake Gun Club, Fulton County Sportsmen (in Wauseon), UCOA (Findlay), Portage-Summit, and Crooked Creek. Events range include Steel Challenge, IDPA, USPSA/IPSC, SASS, NRA Action Pistol, Tactical Rifle & Shotgun, etc. Currently waiting to confirm dates at UCOA, YRPC & FCSI and get dates for Tusco, Ashland Lake, Portage-Summit and Crooked Creek. If wondering about all the different types of shooting sports, Julie Golub's book "Shoot" is one of the best at covering most of them along with a few pages on each of them.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers