Question for vets, especially SpecOps veterans

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bama.45

Re: Question for vets, especially SpecOps veterans

Post by Bama.45 »

SeanC wrote:
EChryst wrote:Keep in mind the upper tier guys shoot a LOT of rounds. Sometimes hundreds of rounds a day for a full week of range time.
You just absolutely wouldn't believe how many rounds these guys shoot. It's a completely unrealistic figure, except that the numbers are pretty regularly confirmed by different people who have served in T-1 units. In Eric Haney's book Inside Delta Force (which I thoroughly enjoyed reading), he writes that they would shoot thousands of rounds a day. Insane, but after that level of practice, he said they didn't really need optics, or even aiming. They had moved shooting into an instinctive activity, where the body just kind of automatically lined up the shot where the mind wanted it to go. So if you can afford thousands of rounds a day, every day, and a few hours of range time every day, you can be elite, too.

In my Reserve JAG unit, we're lucky to shoot 200 rounds a year. Lol.
I guess they hope you JAG guys don't have to start shooting in the courtroom :shock: ... If it comes to that, I'd say that's pretty fubar'd lol
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson