Video: Suspicious roadblock caught on dash cam

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Klingon00

Video: Suspicious roadblock caught on dash cam

Post by Klingon00 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClPZINVp0y8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the sort of scenario you see a lot in post apocalyptic movies. Highwaymen were common danger on the roads of old but maybe they're making a comeback?

Video of a suspicious road block late at night caught on someone's dash cam. It's possible the guy was simply a stranded motorist, trying to get attention for help, but more likely seeing as one of the suspects is a wanted man, they had more nefarious intentions.

How would you have reacted?
Face

Re: Video: Suspicious roadblock caught on dash cam

Post by Face »

What I would do - slow down - then accelerate and leave.

IMHO 0 that video was fake/staged.
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
502ci
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by 502ci »

Dark road like that I would have gone through the cones without stopping...I would have slowed down but would not have stopped. I also agree it was staged...and I should have know better to read any of the comments left for the video... :?
Nothing to see here...move along.
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

In the video we can see the suspect move to block the progress of the vehicle and only moves to the side of the vehicle after it comes to a stop. Would you run over the guy if you weren't 100% sure what was going on? What if you stopped and the guy already had his gun in hand (maybe hidden from view).

I have no idea if this is staged, but I've seen this sort of tactic several times before on similar videos (usually in 3rd world countries) where the bad guy moves to intercept the person (usually on a bike) to impede their movement and then pulls a gun on him.

Yeah, I didn't read any of the comments... reader beware. Sorry about that. Such is the "wild west" nature of the internet.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I think the only thing I would help this potential highwayman see is my tail lights, receding into the darkness.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

He might see my taillights...IF he survives seeing my front bumper, my oil pan, my catalytic converter, my drive shaft, my muffler and my rear bumper.

:twisted:
MyWifeSaidYes