What is one gun-training nugget you learned in 2013?

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

cityboy
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: What is one gun-training nugget you learned in 2013?

Post by cityboy »

Nugget I learned...
1. Have ammo

I got caught with my pants (and ammo supply) at a low just as the Newtown staged traged....errrr Manchurian Candidat.....poor mentally ill man carried out that shooting all by himself.
Haven't had a single round of 9mm to shoot all year and was only able to run through a SINGLE BRICK of .22lr in 2013.
Oh, and no 45ACP either.
On the bright side, I was able to shoot two boxes of .40 S&W.

Once 9mm is $12/box and 22lr is again $20/box or close to it......let's just say the boat will be loaded.
mreising

Post by mreising »

cityboy wrote:Nugget I learned...
1. Have ammo

I got caught with my pants (and ammo supply) at a low just as the Newtown staged traged....errrr Manchurian Candidat.....poor mentally ill man carried out that shooting all by himself.
Haven't had a single round of 9mm to shoot all year and was only able to run through a SINGLE BRICK of .22lr in 2013.
Oh, and no 45ACP either.
On the bright side, I was able to shoot two boxes of .40 S&W.

Once 9mm is $12/box and 22lr is again $20/box or close to it......let's just say the boat will be loaded.
One word: reloading. Although components have been a little harder to find than in the past, they have been available. Primers seem plentiful now, some powders are still in short supply but you can almost always find one that will work for your cartridge. Have a supply of loaded ammo plus enough components to get you through six months of your average shooting and then replace those as you use them. Obviously it won't help with the .22 rimfire shortages.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
SylCarry87

Post by SylCarry87 »

Girlfriend told me a friend advised her to make use of her "ahem" assets to help hold her arms, they also absorb recoil.

I cannot attest to this technique. But it sure 'looks' like it works...
Man has made tools for himself since he had the awareness to do so.
Every tool has its purpose but ultimately it is the wielder who determines its use.
A firearm is the same.

Guns are always loaded. Always