Review: Extreme Close Quarters Concepts (ECQC) July 2013

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

DaveT

Review: Extreme Close Quarters Concepts (ECQC) July 2013

Post by DaveT »

I took the best and most well-rounded handgun/self-defense course I've ever attended – the Extreme Close Quarter Concepts (ECQC ) class, taught by Craig Douglas, also known as “Southnarc” on some Internet forums.

The class was held July 26-28, hosted by Brad Kidd of Progressive Combative Systems in Chagrin Falls. Brad did a great job of hosting and organizing all the details so that the class ran smoothly. http://www.progressivecombativesystems.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It has taken me this long to organize my rambling thoughts about what I learned in the class. Sadly, this review is still huge and kind of rambling – but I hope you'll bear with me.

In my opinion, if you carry a firearm, this class is your best investment to improve your chances in a violent encounter. Not a new pistol, not a laser grip or night sights, not a course that's going to help you shave time off your El Presidente or ping metal silhouettes at 100 yards.

There are a lot of reviews and after-action reports on ECQC that cover every detail of how the class is run. I've been reading these reviews of ECQC and watching videos of the class for years – which is what made up my mind to take the class. I'll include links to some of those reviews and videos at the end for anyone who's interested in a blow-by-blow account, and I'll try to give a more personal perspective on the class.

What I find unique about ECQC is that Craig has meticulously dissected how criminals select their targets and how they go about assaulting them. Then, he's come up with a multi-layered approach to protect yourself, using words, positioning, and hand skills to keep the attacker off of you. If it becomes a hands-on fight, he has a set of high-probability techniques to keep you on your feet and conscious. and give you the space and time you need to access, draw and use a weapon. If the fight goes to the ground, he has techniques to help you improve your position to the point that you can access and use your weapons from the ground, and/or get back to your feet.

A little background on the instructor. Craig Douglas has 30 years of martial arts study in a variety of disciplines, was an Army Ranger, and retired after 21 years as a police officer and former commander of his agency’s SWAT team. He worked as an undercover narcotics agent for years, and went on to supervised other undercover agents.

It was in his undercover work that he frequently found himself on his own and in violent situations – with perps trying to rob him for the drugs or money. He was frustrated to find that despite his extensive martial arts background, only a small percentage of the things he had learned were really helpful and worked reliably when he was in tight quarters with felons who could decide to turn a straightforward drug buy into an assault and robbery at any time. As he tells it, the turning point for him was when, on a drug buy sting operation, he found himself desperately grappling with one criminal who was trying to draw a gun from his waistband and shoot him dead, while a second criminal was beating him on the head with (I think) a hammer. Craig said the last thought he had before he lost consciousness was “I wonder if I'll feel the shot that kills me.”

Craig's backup got into the room and took down the perps before he could be shot, but he was pretty seriously injured, and had a lengthy recovery to think about what went wrong. As he recovered, he spent a lot of time working on the problems of accessing a weapon when you're in contact with an opponent who's actively trying to stop you from doing so. He also began supervising undercover agents, and watched hours and hours of video of buys that turned violent. After repeatedly watching these incidents, he began to see some tell-tale patterns that were unfolding before each assault – “pre-assault cues” as some people call them, sort of like a “tell” when playing poker – and it was from this set of experiences that he began to create what has become his ECQC course.

As far as his teaching style – Craig talks extremely well. It's a little like being in a well-taught college-level course, or hearing a great storyteller speak. He presents everything clearly and precisely – he doesn't leave loose ends hanging, he doesn't half-explain an idea and leave you to piece it together – he lays it all out. He's obviously mastered his topic, and he can stop and explain any detail without it throwing him or making him lose his train of thought. While he has made innovations in his training methods, he hasn't recreated the wheel and doesn't pretend that he has – he scrupulously gives credit where it's due for whatever techniques or information he borrows from other sources.

One thing that strikes me is how frequently victims of a robbery or assault describe the incident – something along the lines of: “I was minding my own business when this guy appeared out of nowhere and pointed a gun at me.” Or “A guy asked me if I had some money for him, I said no, and suddenly he had a knife in his hand.” Or “A guy walked up and asked me a question. I kept my eyes on him, but I got blindsided by another guy I never saw.”

Most people with a CHL are more heads-up than this. We get the concept of situational awareness, walking around in condition yellow, and the implications of the Tueller Drill. Most of us have either worked on our own or in various classes to improve our ability to draw from concealment and put rounds on a target accurately. Range time usually means squaring off on a paper or steel silhouette, standing there alert with your hand twitching, and someone blows a whistle, shouts “Gun!” or “Threat!” or a shot timer buzzer goes off – then you know it's time to move, draw and fire.

I think the big gap comes between the moment you realize something doesn't look right and “it's time to draw.” So much training seems to practice very black-and-white situations – armed bad guy, draw and shoot. But in real life, you can't keep everyone at least 22 feet away from you as you walk through your day, and no one will set off a shot timer when it's time to act.

So, on to the class. In total, this is a 20-hour class. The first evening (Friday) was from 6-10 p.m., and the evening began with everyone giving a short bio of themselves, and then Craig spoke about his own background. The first evening covers what Craig calls “Managing Unknown Contacts.” This is the first portion of the ECQC class, and people can attend just the MUC portion on the first night. I think this would be great class for a friend or loved one who's not up for a firearms class. I see it as a crash course in street smarts.

As this portion of the class begins, Craig lays out the “criminal assault paradigm” – the who/what/when/where of violent assaults, how they occur, what the criminals look for and what (to an extent) they are thinking. He spoke about the three core elements often seen in criminal assaults: very close range, multiple assailants, and the presence of a weapon,

Craig and Brad went through several role-playing sessions to show how a criminal could use deceit and misdirection to close in quickly and take the initiative. Craig moved on to a drill to illustrate how important range is. Standing at arm's length, the defender had to try to stop Craig's hand before Craig could touch their stomach. At arm's length, the defender could only stop him a couple times. When Craig moved back just the length of his shoe – not a full stride, just heel to toe – the defender blocked him almost every time. Every little bit of extra range is vital.

Then, Craig walked us through how to verbally stop someone who's encroaching on you. It starts non-confrontationally, with a simple request as the person approaches – “Hey, could you hold up right there for me?” This shows the person approaching that you're aware of them, and gives them the opportunity to stop without any need for escalation.

If they continue to approach, that gives you more information on what their intentions might be. Still – Craig reminded everyone there are lots of benign reasons someone might not respond to a polite request, from hearing loss to language problems to just being kind of clueless/inattentive, to panic/agitation (something's happened and they're looking for help, etc.).

Craig said if you're in a place where you feel you could be assaulted and someone's approaching you too close – now's not the time for a chat. A criminal typically has a well-polished script that will let them approach a mark. Craig said that in this situation, don't get into a discussion. Think of yourself as an iPod with a series of statements programmed. When they approach, you press play “Hey buddy, could you hold up right there for me for a second?” If they come closer, press play and use your louder voice. If they're still closing in, press play on a loud, forceful, profane variation of “BACK UP!”

If it turns out there's a harmless reason for their approach, you can take the edge off the barked order with something that puts your outburst into context. “Sorry man, I'm in the middle of chemo and it's got me edgy,” – something that would excuse your yelling.

Craig then used a couple volunteers to show a common ploy – one perp gets your attention, asking for directions, change, whatever. While you're concentrating on dealing with that person, perp number two works his way around behind you. Then, if you decide perp number one is too close and you begin to back up – you're now the filling in a perp sandwich.

His approach to this is when someone encroaches or gets too close, rather than backing away, you basically orbit them to the left or the right. If your positions are shown on a clock face, with the unknown person at 12 and your position at 6, you want to move yourself to the 3 or the 9 while keeping your eyes on the person at 12. That way, if anyone is trying to approach you out of your blind spot, your change of position will bring the hidden person into your peripheral vision.

I had read about this technique years ago, when I first started reading references to the ECQC class, and I think it's perfectly illustrated in my all-time favorite post in Real Life Encounters here on OFCC – Evan's 2006 thread about a car sale gone bad: http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6144" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When I first read Evan's thread, it sounded to me like he'd discovered this lesson of ECQC and made it work in his real-life event.

Another aspect is that as the person comes close to within arm's reach, your hands should come up into what some call a “fence” – hands up, between you and the unknown person. Watching Craig teach the class, he has made it into a bit of an art form – every hand gesture he makes as he talks is a variation on a fence. He talks with his hands in a never-ending flow of very natural-looking fence postures, and it just looks like the normal gestures of a guy who talks with his hands. From a fence stance, Craig showed a simple eye jab. He said that while it's possible an eye jab could end a fight, you can't count on that. It is very quick, and with practice you can throw it without telegraphing that you're going to throw it, and it will at least make your opponent blink, giving you the time you need to increase space from someone who's encroaching you, to line up a more powerful strike, or to turn and run.

At different stages we worked with partners (and rotated through the group) to work on these various skills, and sometimes combined a couple things at once. First, how to escalate the “Hey, hold up there” message as you're being approached. For me, this was tougher than I thought it would be. I'm not terribly confrontational, and it just felt weird to demand something from a stranger. At first I sounded totally unconvincing to even myself, then when I tried to sound forceful, my voice cracked like a teenager's – more “little girl shriek” than “voice of command.” So, even a simple drill like this could be a complete train wreck in practice.

It was also interesting to see it from the perpetrator's end of the practice – what kinds of things would I say if I was trying to get too close to someone? What reactions make it harder for me to approach, what do they do that's ineffective?

We worked on the whole range of skills he showed us – from verbal, to the fence, to using footwork to avoid getting boxed in. We practiced the verbal portion of Managing Unknown Contacts (MUC) with our partners, who would randomly raise the focus mitt to indicate a threat, and then we'd do the eye jab to the mitt. It's definitely hard to keep all the plates spinning – keeping a manageable range with a person who's trying to get close to you and hold a conversation as you try to keep appropriate verbal engagement with them, keep up a fence that doesn't look like a threat, and then react to them doing something threatening with an eye jab that you don't telegraph.

Craig talked about how in most martial arts, there are certain countermoves you use to react to a particular attack – you try to diagnostically respond and match the defense to the attack. But in the same way that most people train to handle pistol malfunctions non-diagnostically, Craig favors a non-diagnostic default response to an attack. As he puts it, if you're being attacked, the most vital things for you to do are, in order: Stay conscious, and stay on your feet.

His default position is to drop your stance wider and lower, and basically build a helmet around your head with your arms. We practiced going into the position whenever our partner would randomly throw a light strike with a boxing glove. Then we practiced working MUC verbal skills, then they would work random strikes in and we'd have to drop into the default position. This was another challenging drill – you focus on trying to verbally deal with someone, and then a sucker punch comes – another drill that illustrates you can't let tunnel vision set in.

So – that's an overview of the first night's four hours of training.

The next day, we met at A&A Shooting Range in Garrettsville to begin work on the handgun portion. One of the things that really impressed me was Craig's attention to detail in range safety. It was a whole level beyond anything I've seen before. We started with a breakdown of how we would handle a firearm injury. We discussed what level of medical or first aid training the group had, and Craig designated a primary and secondary person in charge of handling an injured person. Craig designated one of the vehicles to be dedicated to evacuating a wounded person. The car was backed in close to the range, pointed toward the exit, unlocked and keys in the ignition for the entire time we were on the range. It had Craig's trauma kit and the trauma kit of one of the students loaded into it. A primary and a secondary driver were chosen. A GPS with the route to the nearest Level 1 trauma center was ready to go, and the drivers were walked through what the route would be if necessary.

We started with a simple string of 10 rounds of fire – draw, single center of mass shot on target, then scan, reload, whatever you would do, then reholster. It became pretty clear that I was the least skillful shooter on the line.

Everything we did on the range had ZERO emphasis on speed. We started every new skill very slowly, and progressed from slow to smooth. The progression from slow to smooth to fast – that's not covered in this course. Nothing on the range was about beating the clock or improving a best time. Especially on reholstering – everything was done deliberately, checking to make sure cover garments didn't get tangled up on reholstering, etc.

Craig then went on to show his take on the four-count drawstroke, which is much different from how I've done it before. ***I would really not recommend readers try to recreate this off my description. Errors, abbreviations, omissions, bad descriptions – all quite possible. Far better to get in-person feedback on these techniques.***

Count 1 is getting your master grip on the gun.

Count 2 begins with the draw, and ends in the “thumb pectoral index.” The pistol is drawn up high, your thumb and trigger finger are forming something like an “L,” with the thumb resting on your pectoral muscle. The muzzle angles downward, and your shoulder muscles feel tightened as you raise the pistol as high as you can with the base of the thumb in contact with your pectoral muscle. Your support hand should be in contact with your chest to keep it behind the muzzle. From the range of your head resting against the target out to an arm's length from the target, rounds fired from the Count 2 position will land somewhere in the low abdomen/pelvis region.

Count 3 is getting the muzzle level with a two-handed grip, very close to the chest. You should be able to catch a glimpse of the top of the slide as you face your target, and be able to fire from here as well.

Count 4 is full extension with sight picture.

The biggest general safety improvement to my gun handling for the weekend came when Craig showed me a great spot to index my trigger finger. I've always tried to index my trigger finger “as far away from trigger” as possible, and I always try to get it to rest high on the ejection port. But my fingers are just short enough I've been basically floating it in the direction of the ejection port without really getting firmly seated there. So, he recommended I use the divot for the takedown lever on the right side of the frame. I can reach it easily, find it every time, and it feels as big as a crater on the moon.

We did drills practicing the drawstroke dry, then live. We'd start with the brim of our caps touching the target, then Craig would call out each step: get grip, draw to Count 2/thumb pectoral, pause, check that our support hand was out of the way, look at the angle of the pistol, then fire, then holster. We'd repeat each step slowly, making sure no one got ahead of themselves (I can see how very easy it would be to try to “make it faster” at this stage and put holes in your hand). This drill was practiced with a command for each step, then Craig walked us through it as a sequence with fewer individual commands each time, until from a single command we were doing each step and holstering. Slow but steady is definitely the way to handle this. This about covers day 1 on the range.

After lunch, we regrouped at Brad's classroom in Chagrin Falls and worked on dealing with tie-ups – underhooks, overhooks, bicep ties, wrist ties, duck unders, arm drags, etc. We worked on getting a position of advantage – controlling our partner – and how to counter when your opponent had the advantage and to retake the advantage in position. It was near the end of this portion of the class that I managed to get my feet tangled enough to lose my balance. I went down, smacked my knee on the concrete and buggered up something inside it – standing straight was fine, but it hurt to bend it. It was really frustrating, but I was sidelined for the rest of the weekend's hands-on partner drills.

The training moved to the wrestling mats, and practiced what to do if you lost your feet. Students practiced being on their backs and keeping a compressed upper body. “Shrimp up!” Craig would say. From their backs, students practiced using one foot to pivot themselves in a circle to keep being able to kick a circling opponent and keep him off of them. Then they practiced how to keep good position even if someone gets on top. Don't lie flat on your back – curl up, lie on your side, face into your attacker, knee to elbow on the side facing the ground, and work to get your hips out from under the attacker so you're not “pancaked.”

From there, he showed how to work your feet into the mix, basically walking up the torso of the attacker as you use your hands to control and counter his hands. Done right, this can open up enough space to let the guy on the bottom access a weapon.

After practicing these skills, everyone put on the safety gear, and the two people who were going against each other (top man and bottom man) put on FIST helmets, and the bottom man was given a Simunitions pistol to wear concealed. He would begin on his back, the opponent standing just outside the reach of his feet, and the aggressor would circle and look for an opening to land on top of the defender. The defender would then have to try to use what had been practiced to open enough space to get his gun and defend himself.

And this is where things got interesting. It's easy to think “I've got a gun – get it out and use it.” But a guy who's standing over a defender can be on him as he tries to draw well before the defender can get the pistol out. So then it's two guys struggling for the pistol stuck in the defender's waistband – not a pretty sight. One of the critical things Craig stressed throughout the weekend is that position is everything. He showed his rules for when you can and when you can't access a weapon. Basically, your weapon either has to be out of arm's reach of the attacker, or you have to have control the attacker's arm that's closest to the weapon you want to draw. It unfolded time and again throughout the weekend – going to the weapon too early meant an uncontrolled struggle for that weapon, and a lot of times it didn't go well for the defender.

The day ended after everyone got a chance to defend from the bottom.

Day three started back on the range, and a repeat of the previous day's warmup. One new thing we did was a table drill. The focus of the drill is to be clearly aware of your muzzle in the entire range of your draw, presentation, firing and reholstering from a confined seated position, so that you do not muzzle anyone around you at any point of the drill.

The table was set up in front of the targets with three chairs along it, all facing the targets. This was, perhaps more than any of the other drills, done slowly and deliberately. The shooter sat in the middle seat, with a student seated on either side of them, elbows almost touching. Craig stood to the side of the table, out of the line of fire but with a direct view of every bit of the drawstroke. It was a bit of a tense drill, both as the shooter and as the seated person. But again, there was never any move toward speed – in fact, Craig's voice was slower and softer in the commands for this drill than any other drill we did.

We then went back to the line and worked on the drawstroke sequence, firing from each position in the sequence – from Count 2, Count 3 (hands gathered close) and then through to full extension, then as we compressed back to Count 3, then back to Count 2, then reholster.

We then practiced with movement – if touching the target, draw to thumb pectoral and fire, then move back a step at a time and extending as appropriate (when you would be outside the reach of an attacker). Then we practiced from longer range – draw to full extension to fire, then step by step approach the target, and compress as appropriate as we drew closer, until we were in Count 2. We also practiced firing with the support hand in a fending position – either a vertical elbow or a horizontal elbow.

We broke for lunch, and rejoined at Progressive Combatives for the final section of the class. This had the 2 vs. 1 “evolutions.” Three people would suit up in the FIST helmets. One was the CHL/defender, and that person would get a Simunitions pistol. Anyone who had a training knife could carry one if they wanted to, as well. The evolution scenarios always start with no details offered. The defender is in a place, and Unknown Person No. 1 approaches. The size of the area they can work in is small – a wrestling mat, or if it's done outdoors, a circle formed by the students. There is no opportunity in the class to just run away, which Craig acknowledges sometimes in a real-world setting might be the best thing. Action starts when Craig says go, ends when he says break. If there's a safety concern – if a FIST helmet gets loose, or something looks like a dangerous move, Craig calls for everyone to freeze, gets things safe again, and restarts the action.

Basically, it starts off like a version of Managing Unknown Contacts that we'd been practicing the first evening. The defender works to deal with unknown person No. 1, and Craig observes the action with unknown person No. 2 “tethered” to him – basically, Craig keeps hold of this person by the wrist. Unknown person No. 2 is invisible, not part of the action, until Craig decides to release them into the scenario.

So what unfolds is what frequently happens on the street – a defender is going about his business when someone he doesn't know approaches him. The defender starts to deal with that person, and then suddenly there are two people involved with the defender.

The thing is, none of the scenarios have a script or anything decided ahead of time. It was fascinating to watch the scenes unfold – very different motivations behind the unknown people approaching the defender – sometimes they had ill intent, sometimes they had an emergency and needed help, sometimes they were drunk and happy, sometimes drunk and belligerent. This is part of what's really fascinating – this is not a mindless scene from Fight Club, and it's not a shoot-'em-up from the word go. The defender has to make sense of a totally random mix of words and actions from two unknown people, and decide when – and IF – he needs to defend himself.

And then when it does become a fight – these fights can go in any direction. Some people can make it work with two determined attackers trying to take them down, other people get jammed up and are behind the curve from the word go. And then – sometimes you see what looks like a fight gone very bad – or very good – suddenly completely change.

As soon as the action stops, Craig removes the Simunitions gun from the mix, people take off their helmets, and Craig has the defender talk him through how the evolution unfolded, what he saw and heard, and how he decided to do what he did. Craig will sometimes ask the 'unknown persons” what they saw, what they were trying to do, and how things looked from their perspective.

So, you know how they talk about you might not want to make a statement to police in the moments immediately following a self-defense shooting? It became abundantly clear why they say that. People who were still catching their breath from what feels like a life-or-death fight are suddenly trying to explain what they saw and heard, and make sense of how they reacted. They struggled to recreate the events of 2 minutes earlier. Their recollections of what they said and did, and of what the 2 unknowns said and did, are sometimes very accurate, and sometimes missing important details. The kind of thing that could look like a lie if it was being scrutinized closely.

Truthfully, watching it from the sidelines, sometimes it was hard as an observer to keep a handle on how these things unfolded.

Craig put this thought out there a couple of times – what would this look like if you were watching a surveillance video of one of these encounters with no audio? Who would look like the attacker and who would look like the defender? What if this encounter was caught on cellphone video by 4 or 5 people standing around...would it be clear who was the instigator and who was being victimized?

This class and these evolutions put a very high demand on the students to do a lot of quick thinking and evaluating in the middle of acting. It makes it clear that feeling threatened is not automatically the same thing as needing to draw and fire. Being clear about what makes it a threat and being able to articulate what it was you saw, heard, and did after the fact – that's a whole different level of skillset than just being able to draw and fire accurately and quickly.

One thing Craig said during the class is that most people tend to train to their strengths. People who like taking firearms classes generally like shooting, and often, they're quite good at it. And they tend to keep taking classes that put a finer edge on the nuts and bolts of shooting, and don't address other aspects of the criminal assault paradigm.

I saw people grow and improve during the class. It was exciting to see the improvement in one participant in particular. He's an average-sized, low-key, mild-mannered guy with zero martial arts background. The drills we did – you could tell it was not his favorite thing. And in the evolutions, he wasn't like an action movie. BUT – in the course of the weekend, he was being tackled by larger and stronger guys, and still able to defend himself, use the simple techniques he was taught, and go from being almost pancaked to creating enough space to be able to defend himself. It was an eye-opener, and to me, real proof that Craig's curriculum and training method works. This isn't about creating Ultimate MMA fighters in a weekend – it's about giving the average-guy CHL a lot of tools in the toolbox so he's not left with just the hammer he carries in the belt.

“Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from making bad decisions” – Mark Twain.

Fighter pilots train with intense, realistic air-to-air combat simulations. It was shown that in (I think) WWII, if a pilot survived his first five dogfights, he was likely to make it through the rest of the war. I think of ECQC as Top Gun for the regular guy with a CHL – you get repetitions of facing a determined attacker in a realistic-feeling scenario. I spent several years thinking it would be great to take this class, and one of the big things that held me back was fear of failing – of getting beat, of looking bad in a class. But if you're going to get in a gunfight and suck at it, the time and place to do it is ECQC. Make bad decisions under pressure in a training environment, so that under stress in a real fight, you'll be able to make good decisions.

I've taken a handful of courses since I bought a handgun: TDI's Handgun 1-3, Commence Firearms' Advanced Handgun, Suarez International's Close Range Gunfighting. I got something out of every one of them. But hands down, I got the most practical and applicable self-defense training in ECQC. I really look forward to getting a chance to take the class again and apply what I've learned.

If you search online, you can find a lot of class reviews for ECQC. He has written a lot about his method, and there are lots of videos of the “evolutions” of ECQC online. I'd been following accounts of his class for years, and part of me thought that he was “giving away his stuff on the Internet.” But I don't think he's really giving it away – you can read about it and watch it and pick up enough to understand its value, but I think you won't really get it until and unless you take the class. I give ECQC my strongest possible recommendation.

Here is Craig's website:
http://www.shivworks.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a couple videos shot right after the class I attended. In the first, Craig gives a short description of ECQC in his own words:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5s9YD3x0TY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In this one, Brad, the host of the class, talks a bit about his establishment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkJLF1g-JLQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here are some After-Action Reviews (AARs) of ECQC [you might have to create an account to view some of these...I think some of the reviews on lightfighter.net are great and include them for that reason]:

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php? ... light=ecqc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/aar-s ... handler-ok" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php? ... gh-View-WV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=92439" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=79987" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/south ... py-funtime" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/aar-s ... carroll-il" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/aar-s ... -11-5-1-11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/aar-s ... 5-14-15-10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/updat ... 0-may-2012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/aar-s ... -dexter-mi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here are videos of different ECQC “Evolutions,” and a search for ECQC should get you a lot more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXhGBVghT3E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ1SH9OAcCc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_vyKhesJE0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0rCdTqZFyk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4ajSiXARM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, if you search on Youtube for “pre-assault indicators,” “pre-incident indicators” – you'll get lots of videos that will give you an idea of what is meant by the term, which comes up in the “Managing Unknown Contacts” portion of ECQC.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Review: Extreme Close Quarters Concepts (ECQC) July 2013

Post by TSiWRX »

Most. Comprehensive. AAR.

EVAR. :lol:

Thing even had in- and out-links for reference. Damn! :shock:

Nice!!!!!
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Alan, you're only allowed 1 account.

We all know you wrote the OP.
:wink:
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ ROFL. :lol:

I think Clancy got reincarnated....... Too soon? :oops:
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

now I want to take this class.
Glock23

Post by Glock23 »

techguy85 wrote:now I want to take this class.
Project Appleseed - IIT-II
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MG Precision Arms LTD
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MG-Preci ... 9336170645" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;