Bulletproof your mind with Col. Dave Grossman

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pirateguy191

Bulletproof your mind with Col. Dave Grossman

Post by pirateguy191 »

WARNING: This intense, all-day class deals bluntly and graphically with real-world violence and lethal self-defense. We recommend this workshop for adults and mature teens ONLY. It will do for your mind and spirit what body armor does for your torso.
Who has been to this class? Pros/cons?

http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/r ... tz39ec9bfd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JediSkipdogg

Re: Bulletproof your mind with Col. Dave Grossman

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Count me in on three times. So take that how you want. :lol:

Grossman is an excellent class and his books are by far superb as well. Short summary, prepare you mind that if you shoot someone you are going to cause serious bodily injury or death and you will survive much better after the shooting. He is big on being in the right mindset to carry to reduce PTSD.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

I'm taking it when he comes back to southern Ohio..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
ohiorobp

Post by ohiorobp »

Any idea on pricing.
Fly high in the heavens baby girl, I will see you again one day!
Gracie 2004-2012
NRA member, Army Veteran, LEO for a bit lol, OATH KEEPER, former RSO and INSTRUCTOR....I'm really not that old LOL
Former owner and blogger of thesheepdoglife
hutsona

Post by hutsona »

pirateguy191 wrote:
WARNING: This intense, all-day class deals bluntly and graphically with real-world violence and lethal self-defense. We recommend this workshop for adults and mature teens ONLY. It will do for your mind and spirit what body armor does for your torso.
Who has been to this class? Pros/cons?

http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/r ... tz39ec9bfd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you click on the "register now" button at the above link, at the bottom of the page it says it's $99.
...learning new things every day!
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

I have wanted to go for years. This is right down the road. Hmmmm... :idea:
The British are going! The British are going!
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

muxtech wrote:I have wanted to go for years. This is right down the road. Hmmmm... :idea:
It's well worth it. And make sure you take about $20 to buy at least one of his books. The only one I didn't like was his first one he co-authored. I forget the title but he essentially blamed our violent youth on TV and video games, and not on parental involvement.

The rest of his books are all five star to me, and he'll autograph them for you.

Like I mentioned, I've been to three of his. One police specific one and two average joe/non-police/concealed carry ones. I will say, he's huge on concealed carry and even tells in his police one that concealed carriers can be your best friend in a shooting situation. One topic he hit on (and I know we will never see this occur) was if you have an active shooter, you grab anyone with a gun and go in. If you have a spare gun in your vehicle, you find someone that says they are capable of using it and give it to them. Very interesting on the looks of some of the police in that class.

He'll also talk about the Jonesboro School Shooting quite a bit (I believe this is what started him on his current mission) because his child was in the school the day it occurred.

I'm guessing BFA will have him in Columbus next year and then back to Cincinnati in 2015. I'll probably book it again as he always adds current events to his talk.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

muxtech wrote:I have wanted to go for years. This is right down the road. Hmmmm... :idea:
I'm seriously thinking about going Mux.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

rouger10

Post by rouger10 »

I have been to it twice. Excellent information.
The Col. is a great guy, very entertaining and knowledgable.

A great line he has is : If you see your friend with golf clubs, tell him that I said BAHHHH. (sheep sound)
:D :D

The meaning and story behind this is that you should be going to the Shooting range and not the golf range. I thought it was great as I have several friends that golf.
Mal R

Post by Mal R »

If you are in NW Ohio on Monday, July 1, Dave Grossman will be speaking about School and Workplace Violence in Montpelier. The cost looks to be $20.

More info here: http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/c ... to-nw-ohio
"Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?"
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Resurrection................

Col. Grossman is coming to Columbus on Sat. Oct. 11, 2014 Full-Day Seminar - The Bulletproof Mind: Tactical Mindset for Armed Citizens.

Price says $99.00 but there is a $40.00 discount code. Price is $59.00. I got my ticket, how about you?

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/bulletpr ... e-grossman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

It's been a few/several years for me.. I saw Col. Grossman in Cincinnati, or Mason.
He's goin to be right down the freeway from me this time, no good excuse to miss on my end.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Pulled the trigger so-to-speak.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."

pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Aesinsp wrote:Pulled the trigger so-to-speak.
See ya there.

Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

pirateguy191 wrote:
Aesinsp wrote:Pulled the trigger so-to-speak.
See ya there.
You bet..and thanks for the code. 60$ beats 100$ all day long.