Range Proficiency near Lorain, OH

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

KC8RTZ

Range Proficiency near Lorain, OH

Post by KC8RTZ »

Does anyone know a good person to contact for Range Proficiency qualification??? I am a resident of Lorain County (just west of Cleveland). I just realized today that my CCW permit expires at the end of my. This will be my 3rd CCW application (2nd Renewal). According to the Lorain Co. Sheriff website, I do not need to re-take the entire CCW course, however I must bring a certificate showing "range proficiency" when I apply for my renewal. My crazy work/travel schedule would make it tough for me to re-take the class right now, but if I just need to meet with an instructor one-on-one for an hour or something at a range to demonstrate proficiency (not a problem), I can happily do that. Does anyone know of any qualified instructors in the Lorain County area that might help me with this??? Thanks, everyone! ~Chip
pirateguy191

Re: Range Proficiency near Lorain, OH

Post by pirateguy191 »

I'll do it for some ammo.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Range Proficiency qualification is no longer required for Renewal Just shoe your current CHL when applying.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Cruiser wrote:Range Proficiency qualification is no longer required for Renewal Just shoe your current CHL when applying.
Shhhhhhh. Why would he have his CHL in his shoe?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

pirateguy191 wrote:
Cruiser wrote:Range Proficiency qualification is no longer required for Renewal Just shoe your current CHL when applying.
Shhhhhhh. Why would he have his CHL in his shoe?
Show his shoe? :lol:
Abandon ye all HOPE!
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

They might give him his renewal if he keeps his shoes ON. :shock: :oops:
MyWifeSaidYes
Fixxer

Post by Fixxer »

Required or not, for any proficiency training you could call Ken Wilson at High Caliber Pistol in Amherst.

http://www.highcaliberpistol.com

FX
Elyria, OH
Member: NRA, Ohio Rifle and Pistol Assoc.
Ohio CCW

"Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks" Thomas Jefferson