Looking for Ladies only advanced training

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rainmaker
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Looking for Ladies only advanced training

Post by rainmaker »

My wife and several of her gal friends, with CHL's but limited experience, are looking for more training. Something along the lines of the "Babes and Bullets" program with ladies teaching ladies from a women's point of view. Babes and Bullets would work but not many classes found on-line and all are quite a drive from SW Ohio. Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Steve
NRA member (long, long time)
NMLRA member (even longer)
OFCC member, BFA member
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Looking for Ladies only advanced training

Post by TSiWRX »

I think you (by "you," I mean you, your wife, and her friends :) ) might have to reach out to some trainers/schools - and you may even need to take on the responsibility of actually booking the instructor/school for a session as well as finding space/facilities to host the class.

I wouldn't say that I have been to a lot of classes, but I have done my fair share over the course of the last two years (a little over 200 hours' worth), and inevitably, females are in the minority. And I don't mean minority as in 25% of the class: it's more like < 10%. Younger than 30 and older than 50? even fewer. :(

All-female Ohio-CHL classes remain popular and virtually every one I hear about is filled to-capacity months before the class is to take place, but again, examining the overall schedule-of-courses of such schools/instructors throughout the calendar year, the classes are but a small portion of their overall business. I think they really only host the small number of such classes because they know that, otherwise, they may not be able to fill up the seats.

I think you will need to organize a core group of dedicated folks (i.e. those who will not, when the day comes and it's rainy or dreary, simply back out - that they are willing to commit significant non-refundable funds to lock-in the instructor and facilities for the day of training), write out your list of desired skills to be covered, and proactively reach out to instructors/facilities to host such an event. Best of luck! :)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
rainmaker
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rainmaker »

Thanks, Allen, for your comments and ideas. And I agree, ladies have an interest but always seem to be the minority of folks I've seen. We (meaning my wife and her friends) are hoping to get into an already scheduled class (since there's only 4 or 5 interested at this time-not enough for a full class). We do have a couple "feelers" out, but no bites yet. I'm not a member of a particular club/range right now, but have friends who are. Push come to shove, we'll take a serious look at your suggestions.
Steve
NRA member (long, long time)
NMLRA member (even longer)
OFCC member, BFA member
boyscout

Post by boyscout »

Check with Mad Duck Training. Deb is one of the instructors and can probably do a ladies only course.
http://www.madduckttc.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boy Scout Leader
NRA Instructor - Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Muzzleloader, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside of the Home, Refuse to be a Victim
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Training Counselor
101st Airborne - Viet Nam 1968