Appleseed Questions

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

sureshot88

Appleseed Questions

Post by sureshot88 »

I have been reading into this Appleseed shooting and it has really gained my attention. I consider myself a pretty good shot and would love to put my skills to the test. However, I can't seem to find any information on where and when these are held. I would have to assume these are primarily held in the warmer months? Is there a specific website that would tell me where all of these events are held? If I can find one located within driving distance, I would love to try my hand at these competitions. Just need to pick up a nice .22 in advance :D
sureshot88

Re: Appleseed Questions

Post by sureshot88 »

Never mind I'm a blind idiot. Didn't see the website that was posted in the photo for the Newbie Appleseed post.
Oakley-wannabe

Post by Oakley-wannabe »

There have been Appleseed events recently in northern Kentucky and Indiana. I have been to three, but I go to the Spring and Fall events. They are always a good time with great people.
~Laura
Never apologize for who you are.
Never give up.
It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

And I would suggest looking at either the Ruger 10/22 or the Marlin 795 for an Appleseed 22 LR. With an M1 GI sling and a set of Tech Sights, either makes for a good LTR (Liberty Training Rifle).

Not that you can't do it with a centerfire (originally, they were all centerfire and the 5.56 was the little round)....it's just a little easier to focus on the learning and less pricey with a 22 LR.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

The last one for this year was Dec 15-16, so they aren't just in warm months. The new schedule isn't out yet, but should be sometime in January. I expect that there will be events by March, and some places may hold a late February if past years are indications.

Off the top of my head, I can give you some locations. Celina, Gibsonburg, Miamisburg, Lima, New Phildelphia/Midvale, Zanesville, Salem. There should be one within a couple hours drive of anywhere in the state. Many allow on site camping, some with electric hook up, most are primitive. From Cleveland, I'd highly recommend New Philadelphia. It's a straight shot down 77, has a 600 yard range, and the people at Tusco are super. Plus, the shooting line is covered.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
sureshot88

Post by sureshot88 »

Thanks for the info. It seems the majority of the locations will be a nice drive for me. Now I'll just have to save my Xmas cash for a new rifle and resist the urge to buy a new .45