Columbus Group Training

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

hookalakupua

Columbus Group Training

Post by hookalakupua »

Hey Everyone -

I'm new to the area and wanted to reach out and see if there is any possible interest in a group shoot. I may have access to some land just outside of Columbus and I'd be more than willing to offer an initial guideline/setup for the training and course. I've held several out in the Pacific Northwest before and I'd love to do one out here. (We may be able to shoot out to distance as well!)

I can supply a variety of firearms for those that may not either have their own, or who may want to try new things. I've got some Class 3 items as well. I do a ton of reloading and can help in that department also.

My initial thoughts would be handgun, carbine and possibly a combination of the 2. I'm also headed out to Travis Haley's Disruptive Environment Course in April, so ill be sure to steal some ideas there as well!

Would love some help from anyone else interested as I think we could put together one hell of a day/weekend!

Thanks everyone as I look forward to seeing what you all think.

Merry Christmas
Gaspode

Re: Columbus Group Training

Post by Gaspode »

Are you an NRA instructor of any sort? Any other instructor type training?
Pride is all well and good. But a sausage is a sausage.

All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo.
hookalakupua

Post by hookalakupua »

Gaspode wrote:Are you an NRA instructor of any sort? Any other instructor type training?
No I don't have any certified training as an instructor. Part of the reason we ran these out in the PNW, was in order to bring people with different backgrounds and experiences together to share thoughts and ideas. I'm a coach by profession but not in the realm of firearms.

We've had NRA Instructors and other trained instructors help with the course before and it would be great if we could find someone to volunteer to help with this one. With that said, I'm trying to sort out my schedule in order to take Travis Haley's HSP Instructor Development Course with Ron Avery in May.

I'd like to find several people to work on putting something together so please let me know if you're interested. I've got a great deal of training under my belt but no formal instructor certification, so maybe we can find someone who does.

Marry Xmas!
2/187Grunt

Post by 2/187Grunt »

I use to be an MP instructor and we would teach shooting inorder to get pass the class. I wouldn't mind helping out. I live north of Polaris.