What if... #2

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

What if... #2

Post by NavyChief »

You’re on your way home from finishing Christmas shopping. Great. You’re done, and done early! Yipee! You’re in the right turn lane, four cars back from the light. It just did turn red, and it’s a “No Turn on Red” intersection, so you’re stuck there through the next cycle. But that’s OK - 'cause you’re done with the shopping. Oh, and there’s a fast food joint to your right, with an 8" curb, wide sidewalk and some hedges betwixt you and it. It’s deep dusk, but the street lights have been on for a bit. Singing along with the radio, "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your toes ..." Thunk-thunk "What the … ?" You look to your right and see someone fiddling with the passenger door handle. Fortunately, all your doors are locked. "Whew." Then there’s a tapping sound. The goblin’s tapping on the window with a gun. (You immediately realize it looks like some cheap little Jennings/Lorcin/somesuch .25 - of course another part of your brain is thinking you’d never really appreciated just how BIG a quarter-inch looks from this angle.) "Open the door <impolite phrase>! We’re goin’ for a ride!!" while pointing the gun in your general direction.

Now what? Oh - and no fair saying you’d never let yourself become this oblivious to your surroundings that he could get that close. You did. He did.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
CincinnastyKid
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by CincinnastyKid »

I just tell the goblin, "shoot me, I'm already dead on the inside anyway." Then I'd chuckle and say, "sure, hop in, where can I take ya?" Try to convince him there's no need for the gun, I'll do anything he wants. As soon as he drops his guard I pump him full of lead!!

Seriously I have no real idea how I'd handle it. First thought would be GAS GAS GAS, slam on the gas. And try to navigate away as fast as possible.

In my head I can picture a few different ways. I know for sure I'd handle it different depending if my wife or family was with me vs me being alone.

Good scenerio, I look forward to seeing other people's responses.

-Kid
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!"
TedCAAW

Post by TedCAAW »

My weapon is at 11:00 crossdraw and it is in plain view .If he is looking in the passenger window he is going to see it.If I reach for it I'm dead. I always leave a gap between the car in front of me and my vehicle. I'm hitting the gas and cutting the wheel hard right.My Avalanche and me are going through the hedges to safety.
CincinnastyKid
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by CincinnastyKid »

TedCAAW wrote:My weapon is at 11:00 crossdraw and it is in plain view .If he is looking in the passenger window he is going to see it.If I reach for it I'm dead.
The biggest reason I hate plain sight. A real gang banger coming up on you to steal your car, take you hostage, etc. may see it and with no hesitation pull the trigger. The mentality of kill or be killed.

-Kid
TedCAAW

Post by TedCAAW »

I agree.As much time as I spend in my car or my towtruck it's a real issue for me.
Regulator2

Post by Regulator2 »

my thoughts are with TedCAAW

hit the gas and go....
but as you do so you may want to act as if you are getting ready to let him in....as soon as he drops his eyes...to the door hit it and go...

or reach across and act as if to open the door.....while you do so do your own reach...as you make to unbuckle your seatbelt...crossdraw

who knows....am just throwing stuff out here....

best thing I can think is try not to get into that situation,
keep an eye on your surroundings

me I'm still used to scanning the sides of the road anyway looking for bombs....so isn't a big deal for me to look for stuff out of place
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on thier behalf --George Orwell

Regulator 2
518th Gun Truck Co, OIF Vet
sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sabalo »

I'd go over or take out any obstructions in my way (except people). My ride might suffer but if it gets me away or gains me some time to take more tactical options then it did what I wanted. If I got stuck on an obstruction or unable to move further I'd speed diall 911 so they can hear what's going on. If the attack continued I'd slide out the opposite side door to the attacker and using the car for cover I'd loudly announce I was armed, yell "drop your weapon", if this didn't get him or them to back off the next thing 911 would hear would be gunshots. My lawer would be by next call to answer police questions, because I would be so "mentally distressed" from being in fear for my life that I would be unable to give the police anything but the most basic information (name, rank and serial number, so to speak).
======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Regulator2 wrote:me I'm still used to scanning the sides of the road anyway looking for bombs....
You'll be doing that for the next thirty years -- it never goes away, or didn't they tell you that...?
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Knip007

Post by Knip007 »

Since I hate to shop I can tell you my family would be with me. I would have to probally let him in as I have a 1 year old sitting in the middle of our Suburban, and would not want him shooting at my vehicle as I drive off. At some point I would have to talk with him to see exactly what he's looking for. I do feel though, I would shoot him at the first chance I get. I don't believe you can trust anyone, even if they say they mean you no harm. I read a lot of reports that state the victim was shot even though they complied.
CincinnastyKid
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by CincinnastyKid »

Knip007,

As you posted before, considering stuff like this happens even when you comply, give the perp money, etc...

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=1410

-Kid
Knip007

Post by Knip007 »

You know Kid, it's hard to say what you would do in these type of senerios because things are contingent on what the suspect is going to do. Would I shoot the guy? You bet I would, but if the circumstances turn out differently then maybe everybody goes their seperate ways. I personally don't trust many people. I would have to assume that he's out to hurt my family and I. After all, he did point a gun at me....
Mark

Post by Mark »

Will a 25 penetrate safety glass? And if it did, would it probably still be on the same path that it started? And would it have enough energy to do damage?

If you shot a duty caliber handgun in the close confines of a car, how much damage would it do to your hearing?
Harlie

Compliance

Post by Harlie »

is not an option. If you are driving defensively, you have room to manuver for escape (see the rear tires of vehicle ahead). Side glass in auto's is designed to fail in a controlled manner and is no barrier to intrusion of any kind. Can't move vehicle, may need to get out where you can move and shoot, exit (?) vehicle. If perp see's your firearm due to plain sight rules, if he has any, and I do any, brains, he'd boog imediately upon seeing an armed victim. Drunk, drugged up may not, there in lies the advantage of being out of vehicle, should other options not being available. Escape being the first and probably the best option. Making a commotion, such as laying on the horn may assist and cause perp to reconsider or look about allowing access to CHL and if so, it's time to act as trained.
Keep a keen mind, eye and edge.
INFIDEL, armed, angry and unapolegetic
Ole man from Thunder Mtn
Politicians & diapers should be changed often, both for the same reason
Mad Duck

Post by Mad Duck »

We have peppered several doors & car glass, with everything from 22's to .223, & every thing went right through!
The only thing that stopped through & throughs was the interior guardrail of a crown vic door, & the only 22.'s & some of 9mm, & 38's
& that was only about 4-6 inches wide.
GWC

Post by GWC »

If I have room to drive off, I will. I drive a jeep, so I can drive over a lot of things. I would duck as much as possible as I drove off.

If I can't drive off I will bail out of the car, draw my weapon and take cover ducking down by my rear wheel while I asess the situation. Then , if I can escape without exposing myself to gunfire, I will. If I can't escape from this position, I will shoot under the car into his legs. If after he falls he still continues hostile action, I'll shoot him until he stops.

If I can't drive away OR get out of the car (I have periodic arthritis and/or gout attacks). I will shoot him through the window until he ceases to be a threat.

Next step, call 911, then lawyer. then SHUT UP until lawyer arrives.