The Color Codes

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

The Color Codes

Post by NavyChief »

In the interest of everyone being on the same sheet of music, the following are provided for your enlightenment and edification. I know there are different takes on this out there. Being a purist, I prefer Col. Coopers own descriptions - especially since he's the one that originally articulated them...
In Cooper's own words:

In White you are unprepared and unready to take lethal action. If you are attacked in White you will probably die unless your adversary is totally inept.

In Yellow you bring yourself to the understanding that your life may be in danger and that you may have to do something about it.

In Orange you have determined upon a specific adversary and are prepared to take action which may result in his death, but you are not in a lethal mode.

In Red you are in a lethal mode and will shoot if circumstances warrant.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
ArcherAce

Re: The Color Codes

Post by ArcherAce »

In White you are unprepared and unready to take lethal action. If you are attacked in White you will probably die unless your adversary is totally inept.
"You will probably die unless your adversary is totally inept". That's funny. The more I read from this Col. Cooper guy the more I like his style. :D

Rob
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

ArcherAce wrote:The more I read from this Col. Cooper guy the more I like his style.
Rob, try this site -- Jeff Cooper's Commentaries: http://www.molonlabe.net/Commentaries/
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

NavyChief wrote:In Cooper's own words:

In Yellow you bring yourself to the understanding that your life may be in danger and that you may have to do something about it.

In Orange you have determined upon a specific adversary and are prepared to take action which may result in his death, but you are not in a lethal mode.

In Red you are in a lethal mode and will shoot if circumstances warrant.
This oughta be a sticky! :D
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
mbott

Post by mbott »

And a second site carries the commentaries. See http://users2.ev1.net/~mkreynolds/jeff/

--
Mike
The fight will not be the way you want it to be. The fight will be the way it is. You must be flexible enough to adapt. -- Unknown
NRA Benefactor Life & Golden Eagle Member
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle and Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
Law Enforcement Sales, Retired
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

mbott wrote:And a second site carries the commentaries. See http://users2.ev1.net/~mkreynolds/jeff/
Thank you, Mike. It can never hurt to be able to access the good Colonel though different websites.

In case one of them may get shut down, it's nice to have Door #2...
TunnelRat

Safety Guy

Post by Safety Guy »

Anyone wanting the very best from Col. Cooper should also buy and repeatedly read his classic "Principles of Personal Defense."

After years of loaning out and losing copies of this work, I keep my copy inside my house and it doesn't leave with anyone!

The Color Code "Short Form":

Yellow = "Ready"
Orange = "Set"
Red = "GO!"
(White = "Huh...?")

Karl
I WANT VERMONT! (OR "ALASKA")
That's FIRST AMENDMENT CRUSADER PIGLET!
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Karl -
You don't have a copy of"Principles of Personal Defense" by Jeff Cooper I could borrow, do you??? :twisted:
Best.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

tommcnaughton wrote:
ArcherAce wrote:The more I read from this Col. Cooper guy the more I like his style.
Rob, try this site -- Jeff Cooper's Commentaries: http://www.molonlabe.net/Commentaries/
Great. More stuff to read every night before bed. At this rate I'll never get to sleep.
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

I've had a copy of "Principles of Personal Defense" for years, but I NEVER loan it out.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

Who wrote the book and do you think it is possible to find it in the library?
Principles of Defanse
Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation. . James Madison.

What's in Your Wallet?

SEMPER PARATUS
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Library, I doubt it. Mine doesn't, anyway... It's by Jeff Cooper. Amazon has it.
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

I bought mine at a gun show.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Safety Guy wrote:The Color Code "Short Form":

Yellow = "Ready"
Orange = "Set"
Red = "GO!"
(White = "Huh...?")
Thank you. It made me laugh out loud! Image
TunnelRat