Too many guns in my collection?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MacDonald

Too many guns in my collection?

Post by MacDonald »

Hi everyone. I need a reality check.

When I lived in CA, my main hobby was scuba diving. I had three spear guns.

When I relocated to a free state I learned that not only cops and criminals had guns. I became determined to enjoy my 2A rights and delete the CA brainwashing I had been bought up with.

I think I may have gone too far. I now have 20 long guns and 56 handguns. I am divorced (in CA) and never had children, so all my money goes to toys, then food, then bills.

Have I gone over board? If there is a cure I do not think I want it.
:roll:
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Too many guns in my collection?

Post by Javelin Man »

Consider the purchase of guns an investment. As long as you don't shortchange your bills, rent, food, alimony and some toward retirement, it's good.

As my dad would say, "I spend some money on booze, some on women and some I spent foolishly."
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Overboard? :roll: Heck, I'd call that a good start. :mrgreen:
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

1) Hope you also invested in a good safe/safes. That's the best gun money I ever spent, looking back at things.

2) Frequent buying/selling/trading is the most realistic way to know values. Yes, you can look it up on your electronic device, but some items don't come up for sale enough to gather much data.

If you shoot the various guns enough, you'll learn how to fix almost any that break.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
GWC

Post by GWC »

Waayyy too many guns.

Send them to me and I will make sure they are responsibly recycled.
"The police are not here to create disorder. They are here to preserve disorder".
Mayor Richard Daley, 1968

I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

MacDonald wrote:Hi everyone. I need a reality check.

When I lived in CA, my main hobby was scuba diving. I had three spear guns.

When I relocated to a free state I learned that not only cops and criminals had guns. I became determined to enjoy my 2A rights and delete the CA brainwashing I had been bought up with.

I think I may have gone too far. I now have 20 long guns and 56 handguns. I am divorced (in CA) and never had children, so all my money goes to toys, then food, then bills.

Have I gone over board? If there is a cure I do not think I want it.
:roll:
Put some up FS on here..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Uh-Oh you've managed to move into another class with that many firearms, you're a "gun super-owner" now.
Just ignore that anti-gunner hogwash, they know not of what they speak, just another stupid term they use to try and classify us.

Enjoy your firearms here in the land of the free.

Are there any particular firearms you focus on collecting ? 1911's, Luger's, SA revolvers ? just curious.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Tanker_62

Post by Tanker_62 »

Do you know what "too many guns" means?
It means that you have so many guns that you don't remember all of them, or that you can't shoot (or at least, strip, clean and oil) them regularly! I was going to say "you've got too many guns when they don't fit in your house anymore", but that's just called "having a house that's too small". :mrgreen:
BuckJM53

Post by BuckJM53 »

MacDonald wrote:Hi everyone. I need a reality check .... Have I gone over board? :roll:
Guess it's all just a matter of perspective and personal choice. As a younger man I accumulated a pretty nice collection. In recent years I have intentionally gone in the opposite direction and re-homed the ones that no longer appealed to me for one reason or another (did the same thing with my musical instrument collection). At the end of the day I'm glad I did it :).
"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15" - Ronald Reagan
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

The tide rolls in, the tide rolls out.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
tracker1

Post by tracker1 »

Tanker_62 wrote:Do you know what "too many guns" means?
It means that you have so many guns that you don't remember all of them, or that you can't shoot (or at least, strip, clean and oil) them regularly! I was going to say "you've got too many guns when they don't fit in your house anymore", but that's just called "having a house that's too small". :mrgreen:
Some years ago I had quite a few guns, so many I couldn’t remember them all. I started selling them and buying other toys with the cash. I now find I use and appreciate the fewer guns I have.
Member - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
Bigger Bullets Leave Bigger Marks
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

I used to buy a new one, shoot it a bit then sell for the next new flavor of the week.
I tend to not sell to much anymore, most of the ones I do sell are so common that if I want I could buy it again.

I have a number of revolvers(older S&W and Ruger) that only see the range once in while. But I think I would regret not having them.
I'm kind of glad my wife doesn't look in my safe :)