Cimmaron Dealer in NE Ohio?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

deanimator

Cimmaron Dealer in NE Ohio?

Post by deanimator »

Does anybody know of a dealer in NE Ohio with a reasonable selection of Cimmaron brand single action revolvers?

I've never owned an SAA type revolver. I'm never going to carry or hunt with it, so the original type lockwork is preferred.

It's just going to be a range toy, so I'm not spending $2,000.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Brian D.

Re: Cimmaron Dealer in NE Ohio?

Post by Brian D. »

Do you know anyone up your way that does cowboy action shooting? Ask them for help. Meanwhile, I'll look up a dealer that used to be here in the SW but moved. Just gotta remember the business name first, curse middle age!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Brian D. wrote:Do you know anyone up your way that does cowboy action shooting? Ask them for help. Meanwhile, I'll look up a dealer that used to be here in the SW but moved. Just gotta remember the business name first, curse middle age!
Unfortunately, the closest Cowboy Action Shooter I know is in Seattle, and he's committed to Ruger. I want something as close to the original Colt lockwork as possible, and that's not Ruger.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/cimarron-dealers

You have to set search to 500 miles radius from Cleveland before you get any hits.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

AlanM wrote:https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/cimarron-dealers

You have to set search to 500 miles radius from Cleveland before you get any hits.
Which is weird, since I know I've seen Cimmaron guns at various stores in the Cleveland area, including B&T and Fin, Fur, Feather.

After doing some research in the past couple of days, it looks as though if I'm going to buy one, I'm going to have to special order it. Uberti has made some recent changes to the lockwork to take the guns much farther afield from the traditional Colt pattern. Apparently their "Frontier" guns are made by Pietta and have the old four click lockwork.

I'm probably going to have to order it from Bud's or somebody else. ARES, near where I work will do transfers, so that's probably the way I'm going to have to go if I buy one.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Contact Buffalo Trading Company in Findlay. They started out near Wilmington, moved a couple times, and I lost track of them.

Hey, it's sure closer than 500 miles away.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Brian D. wrote:Contact Buffalo Trading Company in Findlay. They started out near Wilmington, moved a couple times, and I lost track of them.

Hey, it's sure closer than 500 miles away.
I'm going to try to hit a few local stores tomorrow to see what's floating around.

If nothing turns up, I'll give them a shot.

Thanks.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Rather than do a dealer search on Cimarron's website, a few days ago I did a search for the 7 1/2" Cimarron "Frontier" at Bud's.

It was in stock, so I hit the "find dealer" button, and lo and behold, Fin, Feather and Fur was one of their dealers.

I'm taking the next couple of Saturday's off to hit the Medina and Berea gun shows.

If I don't find anything suitable at them (which I doubt I will), I'll drive up the street from the Berea show and see about ordering the gun from (or through) Fin, Feather and Fur.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

deanimator wrote:I'm taking the next couple of Saturday's off to hit the Medina and Berea gun shows.
Be sure to stop by the OFCC table in Medina and introduce yourself. I'll be there all day Saturday, and would like to finally meet you.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

JustaShooter wrote:
deanimator wrote:I'm taking the next couple of Saturday's off to hit the Medina and Berea gun shows.
Be sure to stop by the OFCC table in Medina and introduce yourself. I'll be there all day Saturday, and would like to finally meet you.
No problem.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

One more gun show (Berea) this weekend and if nothing turns up, it's off to Fin, Feather and Fur to see if they'll order the gun I want.

I was there after I went to the Medina show Saturday. They had a modest selection of Cimarron Ubertis, but not a single Pietta.

Otherwise it's order from Bud's and ship to F, F and F, since Bud's lists them as a dealer.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Just came back from the show and the best gun store in the area.

No 7 1/2" Piettas at the show that I saw.

I went to the store up the road. They could get me the gun, but NOT in 7 1/2". 4 1/2" and 5 1/2" only.

I'm reconsidering my options.

I may go with a nickel M1911 in .38 Super instead.
7V8

Post by 7V8 »

Have you looked at this one?

https://armscor.com/firearms/ria/gi-ser ... l-38super/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've been considering a .38 Super (a truly under-appreciated caliber) and this one is an all-steel (4140) and Series-70 version with a really 'clean' appearance (lacking lots of markings) which really hits all of the right spots....for me at least. :mrgreen:
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

7V8 wrote:Have you looked at this one?

https://armscor.com/firearms/ria/gi-ser ... l-38super/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've been considering a .38 Super (a truly under-appreciated caliber) and this one is an all-steel (4140) and Series-70 version with a really 'clean' appearance (lacking lots of markings) which really hits all of the right spots....for me at least. :mrgreen:
The prices on those things have gotten ridiculous, doubling at least since I first saw them. They're a good $200 more than the Iver Johnsons, which have much better sights.

I ended up ordering the Cimarron from Bud's. I might think about getting the Iver Johnson. 38 Super next year.
7V8

Post by 7V8 »

So you were able to get the 7 1/2'' barrel that you were looking for?

The Iver Johnson looks nice, too. Comparably priced at $776 (in chrome) to the RIA at $814 (in nickel), I am thinking that I might go just go 'whole hog' and go with a Dan Wesson.

https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/p ... -38-pm-38/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;