Glock 19 build

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

stew47

Glock 19 build

Post by stew47 »

Hello everyone. So I’ve always been partial to gen 3. Not sure why. Always been super reliable. I’ve thought if I found a rtf gen 3 at right price I’d get it. So a stripped gen 3 19 rtf power came up at good price so I got it. Over next few months or year I’d like to put together nice super reliable pistol. I’ve been looking at sites such as BTC and Suarez. Glockmeister and bunch of others on reading list too. Like the vickers glocks as well. Anyways so many options I’m lost. What should money be spent on and what can I do to save few bucks as well? Not opposed to buying used slide, barrels, but want quality springs and trigger. Want to be able to add trijcon or other quality sight in future. So what says the forum?
Brian D.

Re: Glock 19 build

Post by Brian D. »

I'll focus on the barrel. If you reload, the aftermarket offers replacements that allow you to use lead bullets. A couple friends have done that for the $$ savings.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Dave Shooter

Post by Dave Shooter »

If you want a "super reliable pistol" why not use Glock OEM parts?

I'm personally unaware of any aftermarket parts that can demonstrably be shown to increase Glock reliability. Not saying all aftermarket stuff is bad, but if reliability is top priority then maybe start with a reliable baseline before going to exotic parts.
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

If cost is no option then I’d go with a Saurez slide pre cut for an RMR and finished in NP3.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

I just picked up a new G19, (gen 4), special edition with a few extras.

I won't be changing anything about it and it may end up being carried from time to time.

Good luck with your modifications !
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".