Reminiscing about the first gun I shot.

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Reminiscing about the first gun I shot.

Post by AlanM »

I just happened to find a notebook of my father's that had the make, model, serial numbers of the guns he owned.
When I was about six he started taking me with him to the sand pit just outside of the small town where we lived at the time and taught me to shoot his .22 pistol.
Up until today I couldn't remember what that pistol was.
When our father died in '86 my, older, half-brother got the .22 and I got Dad's S&W .44 Magnum, S&W .38 special, and an H&R .22lr 9 shot revolver.
My other half-brother got his double barreled 12 gauge shot gun, and the Remington Model 760 30.06.

Anyway the .22 pistol is/was a Colt Woodsman Master Target with after market sights, serial# MT88XX which places it's manufacturing date at 1941.
My niece now owns it and, I'm sure, treasures it as her father passed a couple of years ago.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Reminiscing about the first gun I shot.

Post by Javelin Man »

Sweet! I don't know which gun Dad had me shoot first, but I'm guessing a .22 rifle. First pistol was probably an old German .22 revolver with a magnum cylinder when we wanted more power.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Reminiscing about the first gun I shot.

Post by Gramps »

cap gun-cork pop gun-a really cool stick-em cap gun that had a 2 piece shell that shot the plastic projectile pretty accurate for 15 ft or so-a really cool Henry style BB gun- the pump 22s at the amusement park arcade down the road (wish I still had all the carnival knives I won) Then the first real gun I owned which I paid for at 12 or so was a H+R Topper squire Jr engraved receiver and gold hammer and trigger, It was stolen when I was 16 and I have never seen another.
Guess I could have just answered the question but I am a little bored right now!
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <