Excellent employee at Rural King today!

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Excellent employee at Rural King today!

Post by Brian D. »

Won't say who, or which RK, to protect the identity of the innocent, as the "Dragnet" adage goes.

Was shopping for a left-handed holster that would fit my Ruger LCR 2" .38 special. As it happens, they had one marked for the Ruger SP-101, as well as 2" J frame S&W. 'Hmm, wonder if that will work for the LCR too, the holster is a leather/laminate IWB with retention screw for adjustment?'

Store had an LCR just like mine in the case. I called the clerk over, for once no other customers were nearby. Long story short, he violated the store's policy of not removing a trigger lock, so I could use the gun for test fitting. Told me he didn't agree with the rule, and his good common sense reasons why. (We can discuss that in this thread.)

The holster worked just fine by the way, it's mine now.

Hats off to my new young pal!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Excellent employee at Rural King today!

Post by Cruiser »

Be aware of security cameras!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Cruiser wrote:Be aware of security cameras!
Well, Rural King can't fire ME for violating an employee policy. But I do understand what you're saying.

I've always thought that "Sorry, we can't remove the trigger lock so you can get a proper feel for the gun's handling, and controls, especially the trigger" must cause them to lose sales. My friends at the range today agreed; one of them said it led to he and his wife going elsewhere, even though RK had a better price.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
WeinerDog

Post by WeinerDog »

When I worked the gun counter at Dunham’s I tried to use common sense and remove a trigger lock if I felt I was losing a sale. Cameras got me and was told I’d be let go the next time I was caught doing that. I only worked there 3 months because their policies and high prices for guns embarrassed me.
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

Dunhams lost a sale to me exactly because of that policy.
I haven't been back.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

WeinerDog wrote:When I worked the gun counter at Dunham’s I tried to use common sense and remove a trigger lock if I felt I was losing a sale. Cameras got me and was told I’d be let go the next time I was caught doing that. I only worked there 3 months because their policies and high prices for guns embarrassed me.
Your darn right, their prices are high, and the closest Dunham's to me, is in an anti carry mall, of all places.

With those two things going against 'em, it's a wonder they sell anything gun related.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".