choice of 3 tiny 1911s

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

gabe

choice of 3 tiny 1911s

Post by gabe »

looking hard to swap out a para warthog for a single stack"ultracompact 1911. the finalists are

para slim hawg

springfield v10
sig c3

opine please...

gabe
"When it's time to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."- Tuco

Vaya con queso amigos.
Brian D.

Re: choice of 3 tiny 1911s

Post by Brian D. »

Para has been bought up, moved, bought up again, and I don't know if they're even making any more now. So much for consistency in manufacture, or dependable customer service.

That Springfield V10 has porting, right? Shooting from retention is no fun with hot gases blowing at your eyes.

Sig seems to be making reliable 1911variants, even the shorties.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

Para no longer exists. Remington bought them then tossed them in the trash. Sarco bought all of the parts & spares from Para. I was able to get enough parts from Sarco to build 2 LDA Carry 9's which are great carry 1911's - DAO, no cocked & locked. You can still find them on Gun Broker, but kinda pricey. Sarco sells a LDA parts kit, which are parts unique to the LDA series. Several other parts, such as recoil spring assemblies can be purchased from Kimber - many of Kimber's Micro 9 parts are drop in replacements for the Para Carry 9's. The Para PXT extractors (which are horrible) found on some Para's can be replaced with an extractor from EGW.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
gabe

Post by gabe »

thanks much for the replies,

I had read that Remchester, had bought para, bummed me out I have been a para fan since getting my first one it turned into a couple.. I'm thinking now that the little sig may get the nod.

gabe
"When it's time to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."- Tuco

Vaya con queso amigos.