Multiple Handgun Purchase

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Multiple Handgun Purchase

Post by WY_Not »

And that is why when we checked out tools from the tool crib in the AF we always lined through the extra lines on the form that listed what we checked out.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Dave Shooter

Post by Dave Shooter »

Once upon a time, in another state, we as buyers actually had to sign a separate form if purchasing multiple handguns. I once did two of the forms within a month, all for transfers. A few weeks later I got a phone call from the regional ATF agent, asking if I had made those purchases and was still in posession of them (I was). He was polite and professional and so was I, but it was a bit unnerving.
JimE
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by JimE »

willbird wrote:One thing the form DOES do is stop a dealer from going back and ADDING handguns to an existing 4473.

Friend bought a gun at a gunshow one month, went back next month, the guy ADDED that gun to the prior 4473 and must have entered the earlier data in his bound book. There is room to write in 3 total and that dealer presumed he could only add 2 more...but in reality you can add as many sheets as need be, an infinite number of guns can go on ONE 4473/NICS.
Bill
The 4473/NICS check is only valid for so long.
I think it is 30 days for delays, but that is only for that transaction.
A transaction for the next day, a new 4473 must be done.
Double handgun purchase reporting is required if the customer purchases are 2 (or more) within 5 business days.
If the customer purchases a second, third, or 14th during the same visit, you can keep adding.
You would have a hard time consolidating your bound book if it shows you received pistol "A" on 12/15/2017, and sold 01/15/2018. Pistol "B" was recvd 02/02/2018,and sold on 01/15/2018 under the same NICS number, with no double sale report.
Keep in mind, when ATF shows up for an audit, they have a "date" for which they will pull ALL your 4473's for that day. They also have a list of all the NICS numbers issued to you for that same day, and they check each and every one for the correct numbers as well as your A&D for that day,and check all i's,t's and dots.
If they find something like the above, the flag is going up, and it will get ugly.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I saw something yesterday about PayPal supposedly dropping BudsGunShop after PayPal pushed Buds a few years ago to accept them. Free market hurts both ways and someone will always step up to the plate.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
docpadds

Post by docpadds »

JediSkipdogg wrote:I saw something yesterday about PayPal supposedly dropping BudsGunShop after PayPal pushed Buds a few years ago to accept them. Free market hurts both ways and someone will always step up to the plate.
I read about a couple of big players wanting to come into the Paypal style payments market over the next few years. If just one was convinced to handle firearms purchases....
https://t.me/pump_upp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

docpadds wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:I saw something yesterday about PayPal supposedly dropping BudsGunShop after PayPal pushed Buds a few years ago to accept them. Free market hurts both ways and someone will always step up to the plate.
I read about a couple of big players wanting to come into the Paypal style payments market over the next few years. If just one was convinced to handle firearms purchases....
And I can't figure out why so many are against it. Personally, unless the item or service being transferred is illegal, I would think a financial institution would have zero exceptions to what they allow their payment to be made towards. The liability for credit card companies is actually quite small under current regulations. Basically the only risk is people don't pay, not on what they buy.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

JimE wrote:
willbird wrote:One thing the form DOES do is stop a dealer from going back and ADDING handguns to an existing 4473.

Friend bought a gun at a gunshow one month, went back next month, the guy ADDED that gun to the prior 4473 and must have entered the earlier data in his bound book. There is room to write in 3 total and that dealer presumed he could only add 2 more...but in reality you can add as many sheets as need be, an infinite number of guns can go on ONE 4473/NICS.
Bill
The 4473/NICS check is only valid for so long.
I think it is 30 days for delays, but that is only for that transaction.
A transaction for the next day, a new 4473 must be done.
Double handgun purchase reporting is required if the customer purchases are 2 (or more) within 5 business days.
If the customer purchases a second, third, or 14th during the same visit, you can keep adding.
You would have a hard time consolidating your bound book if it shows you received pistol "A" on 12/15/2017, and sold 01/15/2018. Pistol "B" was recvd 02/02/2018,and sold on 01/15/2018 under the same NICS number, with no double sale report.
Keep in mind, when ATF shows up for an audit, they have a "date" for which they will pull ALL your 4473's for that day. They also have a list of all the NICS numbers issued to you for that same day, and they check each and every one for the correct numbers as well as your A&D for that day,and check all i's,t's and dots.
If they find something like the above, the flag is going up, and it will get ugly.
Oh I know what an FFL is supposed to do :-)...had an FFL myself for 9 years. But I also saw exactly what the guy said and did, added two more guns to an existing 4473. I'm thinking now the form has a place for "total number of gun sold" maybe ?? But did not have that back then. Yep Box 29 now, total number of firearms transferred, must be a written word not a number.

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).