Ever give a firearm as a house warming gift?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jeep45238

Re: Ever give a firearm as a house warming gift?

Post by jeep45238 »

Mr. Glock wrote:For the maybe-now-or-then shooter, who won’t CC, but will only use it in a high stress situation, simpler is better.

And it must be a reliable firearm.

Simple and Reliable, that’s it.

Used/surplus K frame (like a model 64)
GP100

Call it good.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
747tech

Post by 747tech »

We have a niece who is gong to school for law enforcement and for her 21st we bought her a gun to use in her training.
Former Navy and ANG
CCW holder/Instructor
NRA Basic pistol instructor
Range Safety Officer
Personal Protection inside and outside the home instructor
Advanced pistol instructor
Defensive pistol instructor
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Not house warming gifts as such, but I've helped arm two young women.

When my youngest daughter graduated from OSU my graduation present to her was a 9mm Stoeger Cougar, 3 extra 15 round magazines (5 total), 500 rounds of FMJ practice ammo, a box of HSTs, a mag. loader, a paddle holster, and a clamshell safe for her car.

A Charlottesville police officer acquaintance mentioned that she was thinking of getting a BUG so I asked where she would be shopping and ended up giving her a $200 gift certificate for that gun shop. Turned out that one of the clerks there was her pistol TO. She ended up getting a Glock 26 for her BUG.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.