Franklin Armory SBR that needs no stamp ?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Re: Franklin Armory SBR that needs no stamp ?

Post by Bruenor »

Photo of the bore. at this link
Looks like someone went to rifle the barrel and just forgot to spin it during the process. so there are lands and grooves, but they run straight down the barrel with no rotation.

I guess it would be OK for use inside a structure aty close distances.
It is a bit spendy for a SBR, cheapest one lists for 1050.00. Mine cost far less to build even with the price of the stamp, and it can even impart a rotation to the projectile.

Got to admit I appreciate their creativity and efforts to stretch the norm.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Franklin Armory SBR that needs no stamp ?

Post by willbird »

Probably in Ohio they would toss you in jail and maybe figure it out later ??

At first glance I do not see it as illegal under ORC...but it looks just like a SBR....or "sawed off firearm" as ORC calls it.
(F) "Sawed-off firearm" means a shotgun with a barrel less than eighteen inches long, or a rifle with a barrel less than sixteen inches long, or a shotgun or rifle less than twenty-six inches long overall.
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).